Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Catalogue toy pages

Default Re: Argos Catalogue 1976

OMG how did you get those pics? that is one old catalogue in good nick too my the looks of it. I wasnt even aware Argos existed back then.
    I'll keep saying it, but wasnt life so simplistic back then. kids are spoilt for choice now and its all so commercial. everything is made in china now, where as back then the UK industry survived. mattel killed the likes of good old Palitoy who made my beloved Girls world head and tiny tears. It is so sad now, everything has to be bigger better faster, god i sound like my parents!!
    "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Quote Originally Posted by bun View Post
    OMG how did you get those pics?
    ebay thanks to nessie
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

cool, i see that people are selling them as scanned in pdf files, not the actual catalogue itself. Good for storage and means its pages will never depreciate.

ha ha! people are selling the catalogues on ebay but they are very expensive!

I bought 2 argos catalogues cos it was buy it now for a tenner each!

The 1976 one goes for around 200/300 quid!
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nessie View Post
    The 1976 one goes for around 200/300 quid!
    Got me thinking. Think I'll print my pdf out put it in plastic sleeves and sell it as genuine, no one will ever notice
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

6. Default Re: Argos Catalogue 1976

Mine was a copy taken from Daz's Disc, great quality you really would never know!

Not an iPod in sight ! Any game made by Ideal was a must in the 70s/80s.
    Reminds me of the Green Shield Stamps catalogues ( were they to be had in the UK ?).

Thumbs up Re: Argos Catalogue 1976

whether its PDF or the real catalogue, dont you just wish you could jump right into those pictures and grab those fab retro toys!!
    I had that magnetic green board with the stick on alphabet letters, that was the first ever toy I remember having...

OMG Play Doh Fun Factory was ACE, I managed to source one in the 90's, sent me right back to being a kid again.
    Then there was Barber shop too in the late 70's and this made be squeal with excitement as the wiggly worms came out the blokes head!
    Playdoh smells different now, no longer has that vanilla type scent that made you want to eat it. And I did have a nibble once too, it tasted gross as you would expect!

Play DOH Barber Shop - WICKED HAIRSTYLES!

Quote Originally Posted by bun View Post
    whether its PDF or the real catalogue, dont you just wish you could jump right into those pictures and grab those fab retro toys!!
    I had that magnetic green board with the stick on alphabet letters, that was the first ever toy I remember having...

OMG Play Doh Fun Factory was ACE, I managed to source one in the 90's, sent me right back to being a kid again.
    Then there was Barber shop too in the late 70's and this made be squeal with excitement as the wiggly worms came out the blokes head!
    Playdoh smells different now, no longer has that vanilla type scent that made you want to eat it. And I did have a nibble once too, it tasted gross as you would expect!

Play DOH Barber Shop - WICKED HAIRSTYLES!
    My family had a few Play Doh sets over the years, me & my brother had a Fun Factory & suplimented with some of my Mum's old pastry cutters.

Later I had a Monster Shop, like the barbers but with a horror theme.

My Sister had a set which could mould the doh into burgers.

When the original doh dried out my Mum made us some for us, not sure how though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidanagain View Post
    Not an iPod in sight ! Any game made by Ideal was a must in the 70s/80s.
    Reminds me of the Green Shield Stamps catalogues ( were they to be had in the UK ?).
    We had Green Shield stamps in the UK. My parents didn't collect the stamps, but they did smoke a lot of cigarettes, primarily Kensitas, and would collect the rewards cards you got from each pack. Each year you had a catalogue of 'prizes' you could pick from if you saved enough points. Once we went to an Argos-style Kensitas "store" just off Old Street in the City of London with bags of these points cards. Can't remember what we purchased from there, but it's funny to look back on a time where you could get things like toasters for smoking. Bottom right card is the one we had a ton of when I was a kid...

Official archivist: Made In The 70s Blog, July 24 2010 Guardian Technology Internet Pick Of The Week.