Tales of the unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tales of the unexpected

That would be Shane Rimmer. He had a long career, mostly small parts, including a number of 007 films.

Comment

And some music!
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I don't know about all the series, but I remember watching some episodes at my gran's house, where I stayed on saturday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by old git View Post
          Remember the one where wife would polish the floor,so the husband would fall and then claim the insurance.This time the husband descovered the con and told the wife if anything would happen to him then the police had been told of the plan.The fone then rings and its for her,as she walks towards to fone she slips on the polished floor and dies! whoops!!!!
          I think it was the husband who wished to claim insurance on his wife's death.

Comment

yes... pure quality television each episode a complete story often with twist at the end
            often a top actress.... Susan George... Liza Goddard etc
            Roal had a shed in his garden where he used to go and write these stories

TV made by Anglia TV which prob no longer exists

A new 10 episode series would be great ....

Comment

It was a series which was Britain's answer to Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and it first went on air just before Hitchcock passed away - I am surprised that Roald Dahl got his work on there considering he will always be famous for being a children's author. It must have been an expensive series to make, to get all the star names such as Gielgud, Jacobi, Joan Collins, Alfred Marks and other thespians, and it made me think considering it was made by Anglia - of course, not surprisingly, lots of episodes were filmed in East Anglia, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, etc.

Saw The Flypaper on YouTube and it did send shivers down the spine even now - the Trisha Yates-alike schoolgirl on the bus and then ending up at that elderly lady's home really made me feel that it was almost like a 25 minute long "say no to strangers" PIF. It's also interesting that Anglia did not contribute to the Children's ITV Dramarama strand - I am certain that the production crew used on TOTU could have easily knocked up a couple of episodes for that slot, especially when one thinks of Roald Dahl's involvement with children's books.

Anglia is part of ITV PLC so it still exists in a way.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I saw an episode of this today on sky arts.
                The episode was a man who stayed in a hotel in b
                ath.

The landlady give him tea which had an effect of turning him into a mannequin.

There where others in the hotel who were there at least a year and they also were mannequin like.

Quite disturbingly good.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  I saw an episode of this today on sky arts.
                  The episode was a man who stayed in a hotel in b
                  ath.

The landlady give him tea which had an effect of turning him into a mannequin.

There where others in the hotel who were there at least a year and they also were mannequin like.

Quite disturbingly good.
                  I watched the same episode, you may be right Darren but i got the impression that she was practising taxidermy on her guests as she had stuffed the parrot and the dog?
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Ahh yes thats what i was trying to think of taxidermy.

The tea seemed to have a paralysing effect.

Originally posted by tex View Post
                    i watched the same episode, you may be right darren but i got the impression that she was practising taxidermy on her guests as she had stuffed the parrot and the dog?
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

There is a new channel on Freesat 147 Sky Arts I only found it by off chance last night,looked just now and an episode of Tales of the unexpected was on.Also had a look if anything worthwhile is on tonight.Noticed 2 concerts of Pink Floyd starting around 18.30

Comment

I’ve watched a few, there’s even one or two episodes on YouTube , the ones that stick in my head the most were the lighter episode, the John mills episode with the umbrellas and the one where a man had invented a machine that could hear the noises plants and trees made when picked or chopped down.
                        The theme tune was a classic and slightly eerie but it was the armchair thriller series opening titles that really creeped me out .the shadow sitting in the armchair was a thing of nightmares

Comment

Working...
                        X