No announcement yet.

Your favorite 80's band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads! Duran Duran if I had 2 pick, but luv A Flock of Seaguls, Frankie goes to Hollywood, Visage etc etc...

Comment

God I loved lots of 80`s band, but I guess Depeche Mode was a real fave as I bought all their records, and Human League.

Comment

Talk Talk, Inxs and Omd were all great.

Comment

I used to like marillion..in fact still do. But with Fish as lead singer, not this new guy.
          If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Not an 80s music man meself - have to admire their staying power tho....
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

stone roses & happy mondays

Comment

The Smiths.....no question.

The tail end of the 80's when they had gone though it would have to be that other Manchester band....The Stone Roses.

Comment

The Jam and then The Style Council - I just love Paul Weller

Comment

Marillion was my favourite.
                    Though things went downhill from Clutching at Straws, and I didn't like their stuff when the new bloke fronted them.
                    LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

ahhh Paul Weller improved with age for me .
                      i loved Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Huey Lewis and the News, and OMD, Level 42, but just never could bring myself to tolerate (and still can't!) Michael Jackson in spite of my sister trying to corrupt my refined tastes LOL.

Robert Smith (Cure) will always have a place in my heart as will Bronski Beat - talk about opposites!!

Incidentally we're a bit left out over here in OZ but I leapt at the chance to see Duran Duran when they came over here last year! I even dragged my husband (he's 13 yrs younger than me!) along and he enjoyed it too (then he bought 'me' Blue Silver on dvd1). They were great - older - but great but I still remember their huge live shows and the smaller, more intimate set just wasn't a patch on the massive efforts of 'yesteryear'
                      Last edited by Jaydee; 24-04-2006, 05:35.

Comment

Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac.

Mark Knopfler is my favorite artist of all time I think (in the singular) so thats why I love Dire Straits, and Fleetwood Mac, well they were just great.

BrothahJ

Listen to The View by Modest Mouse : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/12989382

Comment

I liked a-ha and paul young, with a bit of mike oldfield chucked in for good measure.
                          Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

yeah, fleetwood mac did have some hits in the 80's! i love them!
                            & what about tears for fears? crowded house? yes!!
                            (oh, & i love modest mouse these days, too bro! )

Comment

i like most metal from the 80s iron maiden,wasp,twisted sister,skid row,helloween etc etc

plus alot of pop like howard jones,kajagoogoo,a ha,belinda carlisle,tye bangles etc etc

Comment

I liked loads of 80's stuff few faves like:

Flock of Seagulls- Wishing (I had a photograph of you.)
                                This Island Earth-See that glow.
                                Fiction Factory-Feels like heaven.
                                The Moblies-Drowning in Berlin.
                                King-Alone without you and the B side I kissed the spikey fridge.
                                Paul Young-Love of the Common People
                                Kim Wilde-Kids in America

Probably my fave groups though were Blondie and the Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X