No announcement yet.

Your favorite 80's band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran all the way!!!!! After 25 yrs I finally got to go to see them last yr, Simon is still as hot now as he was back in the day!!!!

Comment

Lucky you always wanted to see them.

Comment

I recall slagging off most of the pap that was in the charts during the 80's,but looking back we had..Yazoo,Depeche Mode,Human League,ABC,Haircut 100...I could go on. now all classic 80's acts!

Comment

Yes and will we be recalling the 21st century bands as we did the 80's acts?

Comment

I was quite lucky, as a family friend was very into his music, and via him, at the tender age of 8, I began to become a huge fan of 'futurist' acts, such as Kraftwerk, Landscape, Depeche Mode, Flock of Seagulls, Softcell, Thomas Dolby, et al.

A few years later, I put that aside for a while whilst I entered into my shame phase of metal (complete with mullet and cheap leather jacket), such as Metallica, Alice Cooper, Helloween, Maiden and the like.

I must admit, whilst I never really took to the pop side of the decade, I did think that The London Boys' '12 Commandments of Dance' album was superb. I picked it up cheap from eBay a couple of years ago, and it's still fresh and uplifting. Don't tell anybody I shared that with you

Comment

Ooooops all of DYR know now Smartbomb.

Comment

I trust you all with that dire admission.

I also purchased the MC Hammer album back in 1991 as well. If I believed in hell, I'd probably be going there for that.

Comment

Thats kind of you, well speaking for all i hope, we'll swear an oath.

Comment

Re: Your favorite 80's band?

The Cure, Depeche Mode, Adam and the Ants
                    Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

would have to be Bananarama and of course Madonna, every playtim at school we'd be out there singing the songs and naking routines up for the next disco.
                      "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Kool, though Duran Duran were my favorite.

Comment

My very first crush about age 7 was boy george in his culture clubdays, (didn't know then he was gay), then Bros.
                          "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Bros,
                            Echo and the Bunnymen,
                            the Alarm,
                            Big Country,
                            FYC,
                            Blamange,
                            The Belle Stars,
                            Heaven 17,
                            Paul Young.

Comment

wasn't much of a fan,but I see the Police are just about to announce a world tour.I'd go If I didn't find Sting so odious.Bound to sell out in seconds though

Comment

I thought Boy George was a girl until somebody told me otherwise !
                                Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Working...
                                X