Collecting Erasers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Erasers

During the 80s, as well as collecting scratch and sniff stickers, it was quite 'cool' to collect erasers. I had a wicked collection which included a hotdog with a white sash, a hamburger, which you could take apart, a playing card, tooth brush, bucket and spade. The list is long, but one thing that sticks in my mind is just how darn good they used to smell.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Collecting Erasers

I remember the sweet shaped ones were banned at my primary school as there were concerns that someone would try to eat one & choke on it.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i had loads of the rainbow striped ones that you bought as a souvenior when you visited somewhere, they were all the same just had a different place name and pic stamped on them.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
        I had a wicked collection which included a hotdog with a white sash

More...
        I had this one too. The sash said 'hot dog' funnily enough I had a fair few, ones that spring to mind are a little pair of mits on a string and a glow in the dark rectangle one with planets on the front. The ones shaped like chunks of chocolate were cool...until they got banned.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I had loads in my collection. The scented ones were my favourites. Especially the fruity ones and the washing pwoder ones. I had a great 'BOLD3' washing powder one.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I had a nice little collection of erasers. My favourite rubbers were a coke bottle which smelt of coke, washing powder boxes, tube of paint, lipstick shaped ones with the cover, umbrella in a box, heart in a glittery box, rainbow rubbers.

I also adored Bobby & Kate too. I remember having a stencil ruler, piano shaped pencil sharpner and record shaped rubber.

Talking of items being banned at school, ours banned the push-pop pencils/crayons that smelt of different fruits, as kids were shoving them up their nostrils.

Comment

Working...
            X