Nostalgic fun at the A-ha concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgic fun at the A-ha concert

DYR took their seats at the O2 Arena this week for A-ha’s Foot of the Mountain Tour, named after this year's album, which reached the UK top five.

Fans were quickly on their feet as the now suited and booted Viking pop icons began their set with 'The Sun Always Shines On TV', followed by a combination of the classics - which included 'Hunting High And Low' and 'The Living Daylights', 'I Dream Myself Alive', the beautifully poignant 'And You Tell Me' (from their first album) and 'The Blood That Moves The Body' (from 1988's Stay On These Roads).

For DYR the rendition of the song 'Velvet' (from Minor Earth Major Sky), was the highlight performance, with Pal and Morten playing acoustic guitars and Mags playing a handheld mini electronic synth, demonstrating their craft and talent as musicians and timeless performers.

Two encores beckoned the band back on stage and to the audience’s delight A-ha finally ended the night with the mid-80s defining classic, 'Take On Me': something fans were still singing as they moved toward the Jubilee Line tube station!

If you missed this year’s tour and you’ve heard rumours that this was A-ha’s last, then Mags put the record straight during the concert. They will be back in the UK for one final goodbye tour in 2010, so keep your eyes peeled for concert dates and make sure not to miss out on this piece of pop history.

DYR’s other top tip for A-ha fans visiting London between now and 21st November is to take a trip to the Paul Stopler Gallery (http://www.paulstolper.com) in Museum Street just opposite the British Museum, where Mag’s has an art exhibition called ‘alpha beta’. If you’re in the mood for a purchase and want to get your hands on some A-ha memorabilia, then the first 500 prints sold will be accompanied by a limited edition 12" vinyl disc signed and numbered with a new Magne F composition, titled ‘Word Symphony’. ‘Word Symphony’ is a unique project that takes as its foundation the vocals from A-ha's "Foot of the Mountain" album.Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk
Working...
X