'I'm Gaynor I'm Me' documentary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I'm Gaynor I'm Me' documentary.

Anyone remember this? It was about this young woman who had serious facial burns...similar to Simon Weston. She had flu when she was in her early teens and fainted into the fire as far as I remember. It showed her going through operations and getting on with her life as best she could. I never forgot it. She was an inspiration.

Re: 'I'm Gaynor I'm Me' documentary.

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
    Anyone remember this? It was about this young woman who had serious facial burns...similar to Simon Weston. She had flu when she was in her early teens and fainted into the fire as far as I remember. It showed her going through operations and getting on with her life as best she could. I never forgot it. She was an inspiration.
    Yes, I remember watching this documentary on tv about a young woman who had been badly disfigured as a child when she fell asleep as a toddler and fell face forward into a fire. Very moving and sad at the same time, her courage was incredible.

Would love to see it again.

Comment

I remember this as well – I found a link that showed when it was first shown: Thames Television in 1984
      https://thames.today/television-radio-1984
      It was inspiring but also quite distressing I found.

Comment

Working...
      X