Battling Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battling Tops

Anyone else have these? I can even remember the tv ads - "It's in the wrist action!". There was a plastic 'arena' with a station in the middle of each side. You wound the string around your top, clipped the key attached to the string to the stem of your top, fixed it into position in its station, then pulled the key hard - this released the furiously spinning tops into the arena to "do battle" . Just fabulous. Wish they still made them, my kids'd love them.

Re: Battling Tops

Here you are Mazzer

And apparently, they are quite frequently turning up on eBay and Amazon !
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I'd completely forgotten i had these until I saw the pic, thanks Joy and mazzer
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Like a lot of 70's versions of board games a period Battling Tops (it's all in the wrist action!) can set you back a fair bit on the dock of the Bay. Good game, though. My one really took a battering back then as you'd pull as hard as you could to give your top (my fave - the red Hurricane Hank) the best start. In that initial clash tops would go flying everywhere!

Comment

It was a really fun game.
          Never got fed up with it.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I remember a friend had this. Loved it aswell, but there was little skill in it, once you had set the tops loose you just had to wait and see who won!

Comment

Working...
            X