• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sugar Puffs

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
    You gotta check this out.
    http://www.honeymonster.co.uk/classic-ads/
    It has several Sugar Puffs ads from the past, the early Honey Monster looks rather creepy to me than the present one.

these are class mate.

the kevin keegan one was my fave.
    think kev was eating to many of these.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
      I wonder if they were a variation of golden nuggets?I remember having them for breakfast but i am not 100% on the title.I did think they where raspberry flavoured sugar puffs as that is what i remember?
      Don't know that ad but reminded me of a sugar puffs stiry.On the ship when we came to Australia it used to annoy me when a certain waiter used to ask me what i wanted for breakfast because I would ask for Rice Bubbles nd this guy would always bring me bloody Sugar Puffs.All the other waiters could get it right but not that idiot .

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
        (Although in 1977 who'd ever have guessed Johnny Rotten would end up advertising butter on telly?).
        He said in an interview that he felt justified doing the advert as all the profits from hawking
        butter went towards re uniting Public Image Ltd, buying some studio time for them to record some new stuff and a tour.
        Dont be so quick to judge, hes still as sharp as ever

Just seen the new honey monster ad, although the tagline and destruction is still there, the costume doesnt look the same as the one i remember, left me feeling a wee bit dissapointed.

Comment

Great thread guys, I just finished writing an article on Sugar Puffs when I came across this discussion.

The Honey Monster is a great character and I still like the Sugar Puffs' packaging a lot. It's nice to see a brand still pushing these sorts of characters as sadly we see less and less of them these days...can't remember the last time I saw the likes of Tony the Tiger on TV.

All the best,

Matthew

Comment

(Although in 1977 who'd ever have guessed Johnny Rotten would end up advertising butter on telly?)

DID HE??! When? I've never seen that one!!

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
              I remember in the hot summer of 1976,a kid i was hanging around with had the brand new t shirts that had brilliant clear and colourful pictures on,i think they were polyester? Anyway,they were new on the scene and the latest craze.The boy also ate sugar puffs,which were new to me.I started to watch the adverts,and eventually began pleading with my mum to get me some sugar puffs.It was one of the best buys of my childhood,as i still remember eating sugar puffs and realizing my pee smelt like sugar puffs aswell,all on beautiful,warm sunny days.I think,i also use to watch The White Horses and The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe around the same time too.Sugar Puffs remind me of those wonderful sunny 1976 days.
              funny enough the last time i ate sugar puffs which was a few weeks back and i noticed my pee had a sugar puff scent.

when i was a kid back in the seventies i remember eating sugar puffs all the time and near rotted my teeth and i put on a bit of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                (Although in 1977 who'd ever have guessed Johnny Rotten would end up advertising butter on telly?)

DID HE??! When? I've never seen that one!!
                He's done a couple. This first one is still showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pHi...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvR2QiJ8wno

Comment

I have an original Sugar Puffs bear which my mother bought when she was pregnant with me, I'm now 46. I haven't been able to find another anywhere online or in a book that has another one. He isn't in perfect condition, I drew a little smile onto him when I was a child, and even if he was worth anything it would be highly unlikely I'd sell him. Here he is on holiday in Lompoc, California in 2006, wearing my Stetson and having a beer. My mum died a few months before this picture was taken, and I took him to America with me, as the event I was going to,was something my mum wanted to see, but didn't live to. It was like carrying part of my mothers spirit with me. He has sat on 'The Music Box Steps', a Jeep left where they filmed MASH, the pier that was on The Rockford Files near where Jim's house trailer was parked, and on Oliver Hardy's grave. Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeremy Beer-001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	260042

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewIrvine View Post
                    I have an original Sugar Puffs bear which my mother bought when she was pregnant with me, I'm now 46. I haven't been able to find another anywhere online or in a book that has another one. He isn't in perfect condition, I drew a little smile onto him when I was a child, and even if he was worth anything it would be highly unlikely I'd sell him. Here he is on holiday in Lompoc, California in 2006, wearing my Stetson and having a beer. My mum died a few months before this picture was taken, and I took him to America with me, as the event I was going to,was something my mum wanted to see, but didn't live to. It was like carrying part of my mothers spirit with me. He has sat on 'The Music Box Steps', a Jeep left where they filmed MASH, the pier that was on The Rockford Files near where Jim's house trailer was parked, and on Oliver Hardy's grave. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3300[/ATTACH]
                    Never knew they did sugar puffs bears.
                    i musy say he looks cool.
                    i think its sweet you have kept all your life and he means so much to you.
                    he may not be worth money wise but he is worth a lot to you in a sentimental way.
                    i thought maybe you got a S P bear from say collecting tokens from boxes of sugar puffs?

Comment

I prefer the early Honey Monster to the new one. I remember a few pre-honey monster Sugar Puffs ads from when I was a kid, but they aren't available to watch on YouTube.

In Australia, they are better known as "Honey Smacks" which are manufacted by Kellogg's. Sugar Puffs' original distributor Quaker Oats has recently been launched in Australia. They are marketing oat cookies, muesli bars and porridge.

Comment

so is thre any difference in the honey monster sugar puffs ad the latest ones in terms of taste.

i have had both bt cant remember how the old ones taste

Originally posted by fatpizzaman View Post
                        I prefer the early Honey Monster to the new one. I remember a few pre-honey monster Sugar Puffs ads from when I was a kid, but they aren't available to watch on YouTube.

In Australia, they are better known as "Honey Smacks" which are manufacted by Kellogg's. Sugar Puffs' original distributor Quaker Oats has recently been launched in Australia. They are marketing oat cookies, muesli bars and porridge.

Comment

Working...
                        X