The Amazing Mr Blunden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Mr Blunden

Do any of you remember this? It was a great film, I saw it a couple of times when I was quite young but haven't seen it in years. It was a great ghost story. Was trying to post spoiler tags around the rest of my post, in case I spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but can't seem to work out how to do it on this forum.

Re: The Amazing Mr Blunden

A wonderful film! Lawrence Naismith, Diana Dors and a beautiful musical score.

The fire scene was incredible.

Can't help regarding spoiler tags, but I don't think you have to include them when talking about an old film like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
      Do any of you remember this? It was a great film, I saw it a couple of times when I was quite young but haven't seen it in years. It was a great ghost story. Was trying to post spoiler tags around the rest of my post, in case I spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but can't seem to work out how to do it on this forum.
      Dont think we have that function Ann. sorry.
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        Dont think we have that function Ann. sorry.
        It's ok Huggie. I just didn't want to spoil the film for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          A wonderful film! Lawrence Naismith, Diana Dors and a beautiful musical score.

The fire scene was incredible.

Can't help regarding spoiler tags, but I don't think you have to include them when talking about an old film like this.
          Yeah I remember him arriving on a horse and dashing in to save the kids. Think it was quite sad... I also seem to remember a maid singing this silly song 'oh you're a naughty boy and I'm a naughty girl. It takes a naughty boy to make a naughty girl'.

Comment

Gosh, I remember this film, saw it at the cinema as a youngling. Don't remember much, but I recall the fire, and I recall a young adult calling his girlfriend "Sausage" which made me giggle.

Comment

Oh yes indeed! A wonderful film which combined time travel with a brilliant ghost story. Had a crush on the young girl...who was actually much older than me at the time...and probably still is!

Comment

A terrific film. Why does it never get shown on TV these days?

Comment

An amazingly great film! Really gave me the creeps for some reason, as a kid, and yet the funny thing is I saw it again not that long ago and it still made me feel a bit funny at the age of 35!

Can't have been because of the ghostly subject matter as I was one of those odd kids who saw "American Werewolf in London" when I was eight and always had my nose in "Scream" comic or "The Usborne Guide to the Supernatural"

It is great though.

Comment

Ah yes terrific memories of this film quiet scary too!

Read the title wrong at first and thought it said blunder! that bought a tune into my head that i cant think what its from tune goes 'always makes me wonder how he keeps on making blunders'

Comment

Don't know what that song is, but it sounds like a comedy version of Grandmaster Flash "The Message"

Comment

I remember this film with fondness.I watched it in late autumn/winter,i think,and it was cold,wet and grim outside.It really stays in my memory as a delightful movie.My parents were in work and i had made a coal fire,and i had the house and television all to myself.Childhood Bliss!!!!!

Comment

These are the ones you forget about, but when they come to mind again after many years you feel such great nostalgia. Yes i remember it

Comment

these were the films that you would race home to watch as you only had 3 channels, no vcr and no way of re watching it until you caught it again. I loved finding it on dvd. The ending like "the railway children" where all the cast wave to a panning in camera just adds to the innocence and thoughtfullness that is rarely achieved these days...thanking you for watching..

Comment

Lionel Jeffries was the writer and director of both the railway children and the amazing mr blunden.
                              Lionel Jeffries was a superb actor,who appeared in a lot of films,from Kill or Cure to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Comment

Working...
                              X