Connie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connie

Stephanie Beacham was the star of this 1985 ITV drama, which also starred popular British actress Pam Ferris. She played a woman (Connie) who had lived in Greece for years and decided to return to the UK to take back control of her high-street fashion store. Hard-hitting and business-like, Connie was a clear commentary on the Thatcherite era. And without this role, Beacham may not have been offered the even more hard-hitting role of Sable in The Colbys.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Connie

Oooh, I was ADDICTED to Connie ("I'm puttin' on the show.......")

I was dead jealous of a particular black leather fitted skirt suit she had, wonderfully elevated shoulders!

Loved the clothes in this programme, also loved the fact that her sister (Nesta, played by Pam Ferris) tried dead hard to be cutting-edge fashionable, but never looked quite right, while Connie got it spot-on every time.

I've loved Stephanie Beacham ever since she played Rose Miller in Tenko - although did you see her as Ken Barlow's barge-dwelling love interest in Corrie recently? She's DEFINITELY had work done - and lots of it!

Comment

Working...
    X