Mint Cracknel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint Cracknel

does anyone else remember Mint Cracknel? a kind of chocolate bar with cracknel in?god they were like eating green glass covered in chocolate! I didnt like them but had to try a few before I decided that I didnt like them!
    in the advert they sang `give me Mint Cracknel and I`m ok,give me Mint Cracknel and I`m ok it`ll chase those blues away`

Mint Cracknell

Yes, I remember mint cracknell. You had to be very careful not to cut your tongue on the slivers of bright green layers of mint wafers. They had a lovely minty taste on them though, great if you're a mint lover.

Comment

I love a bit of mint and mint cracknel was great! Right up there with Midnight Mint choc ices as my childhood faves.

Comment

What about 'Who put the chocolate in the mint?'. What were they called, anybody know?

Comment

mint cracknel sounds lush!
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

just found this site that sells mint cracknel!!!! http://www.thewelshsweetshop.co.uk/a...ale_Trade.html
            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Gosh, I wonder if its the same Mint Cracknel that we remember!

Comment

I seem to remember that it came in a shiny silver wrapper, and think it had a lightning strike on the front.
                LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

Mint Cracknall and...............

Splinters of green minty sugar that 'pinched' your tounge as you ate it. I saw someone else remembers it too :-)

Have just had some Tic Tac's - UHHHHggggggg what's happened to them? 'Fresh Mint' - they're soft, bigger and have a 'fruity' taste not that nice 'round' flat minty taste they used to have.

Anyone want the return of BOVRIL crisps - marmite one's just aren't the same.

Comment

Mint Cracknell & Horlicks Tablets

I wrote to Nestle - who make Peppermint Crisp to ask why it's not sold in the UK - I was told that the market is not there for it and peoples tastes in the UK are different. So it's a NO GO.

I told them to check out this forum and others - to see the interest that there is.

Anyway - poo to all that I've found the PEPPERMINT CRISP supplier in the UK.

CHECK OUT http://www.sanza.co.uk they sell them there - and some great looking crisps THEY EVEN SELL HORLICKS TABLETs (ovaltineeies)

Comment

Re: Mint Cracknel

Originally posted by Ecky Thump View Post
                      I seem to remember that it came in a shiny silver wrapper, and think it had a lightning strike on the front.
                      I think a bar called Icebreaker had lightning on the wrapper.
                      I loved Mint Cracknel and I'm sure it had a green wrapper with two bars sitting on a strip of black card inside. I remember how I used to break a bit off each end, hold it up to the light and look through the tiny green glassy "tubes".

I absolutely loved those Horlicks tablets as well!

Comment

Yum Mint Cracknel. Rough on the tongue though.

Same as Pear Drops that make your mouth sore if you have a few.
                        Laugh and the world laughs with you.
                        But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
                        sigpic

Comment

oh i loved mint cracknel, it was two bits you got, i think.who remembers candy tots, teddy tots, bunny tots, tiger tots, and the ad went like, now theres a new one. salemsmine

Comment

my sirname is cracknell and i used to get the **** taken out of me because of this ^^

Comment

Didin't they do another small version, similar to a box of quality street but just full of mini mint cracknel in a green see through wrapper? May not have been mint cracknel but they definately existed because I remember scoffing most of my Grans. This would have been around mid 70's. I also loved Horlicks tablets. Every Saturday, my Gran would take me for a walk down the main road. Seemed like a very long walk at the time and culminated with a visit to a chemists shop that sold them (couldn't find them anywhere else.) to buy some.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Working...
                              X