Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread

Two types i remember, shake n bake, and what was the sliced loaf that was round, plus havnt seen Bovril Crisps or Golden Wonder around for ages

Re: Bread

Eh? Shake n' Bake is breadcrumbs, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
      Eh? Shake n' Bake is breadcrumbs, isn't it?
      It is,oven ready seasoned coating.Good method for cheap,easy,tasty food.(sort of)
      Frame.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

It was a uncooked loaf of bread in a bag, for some reason you had to shake it then pop in oven it was meant to taste like homemade bread when cooked.

Comment

"Sliced loaf that was round" - I think you can still get Milk Roll loaves like that.

I remember Nimble and Slimcea - weren't they round as well?

Comment

I love Milk Roll bread. I'm sure it used to be called 'Blackpool' milk roll years ago then Warburtons changed it. Could be wrong though! My favourite bread was Mighty White in the 80's. I loved it toasted with loads of lemon curd on it!
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

My Mum used to get us Mighty White all the time, I remember the boy in the ads looked a bit like my Dad's friend's son.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Wasn't there Nimble as well or Slimcia...a lady and balloon..or am I befuddled with old age?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodisonparkender View Post
                  Wasn't there Nimble as well or Slimcia...a lady and balloon..or am I befuddled with old age?
                  Twas nimble. Lady with long dark hair "She flies like a bird in the sky, she flies like a bird and i wish that she was mine". I think slimcea's slogan was show them you're a slimcea girl.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Mighty White was my favourite. We also used to have sunblest.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                      Twas nimble. Lady with long dark hair "She flies like a bird in the sky, she flies like a bird and i wish that she was mine". I think slimcea's slogan was show them you're a slimcea girl.
                      the song was "I can't let Maggie go" by Honeybus (1969)

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                        It is,oven ready seasoned coating.Good method for cheap,easy,tasty food.(sort of)
                        Frame.

I remember this, it was actually called Take'n'bake, it was like a loaf that had been allowed to rise and half cooked after that,then put on the shelf in Liptons, you took it home and banged it in the oven for 30 mins or so to get the 'fresh baked bread' sensation

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                          "Sliced loaf that was round" - I think you can still get Milk Roll loaves like that.

I remember Nimble and Slimcea - weren't they round as well?
                          They were indeed.
                          Caz.. <3 JD <3

Comment

Can you still get thin sliced bread anywhere? I don't think i've seen a thin sliced loaf for years.

Comment

Originally posted by milktray View Post
                              Can you still get thin sliced bread anywhere? I don't think i've seen a thin sliced loaf for years.
                              I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Seems to be 'Medium', 'Thick' or 'Toastie' slice choices nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                              X