zx81 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zx81 Games

I remember some excellent ZX81 games, basic but fun.

My favourite was probably 3D Monster Maze. When that pixalated T-Rex came around the corner it made me jump..

Also there was a scramble copy which I enjoyed. Loading them up was a pain and I can remember many failed loads..

http://www.couchpotato.tv My new TV Forums.

Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner - oh the hours wasted playing them (actually more of the time was spent waiting for the game to load!)
    TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

Yeah, the 15 minute load time that then ended up crashing was a pain. Aren't we all so glad games now take 10 seconds to load

If you have a real interest in spectrum you can download the emulator and games, (do note that it is often illegal to own *roms* of games unless you own the original). However, if you're one of these Brits who enjoys a good ol' car booty, you'll often find a spectrum and games for sale pretty cheap, so you can buy the games and then you're entitled to download a copy which doesn't take 15 minutes to load.

Comment

Alternatively, check out our online Spectrum Emulator with a whole load of classic games!
        Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
        http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

That's actually rather cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallulah
            Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner - oh the hours wasted playing them (actually more of the time was spent waiting for the game to load!)
            Spectrum rather than ZX81, though.

My favourite '81 games have to be Mazogs and a Dracula thing I got out of a small ad in the back of a mag.

Wil

Comment

Ah, memories!
              Staying up late at nights trying to fanthom out Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy and Chuckie Egg.
              I also remember playing one on the ZX Spectrum about a Ghost Rider on a motorbike or something. can't remember the title though...
              Old enough to know better...

Comment

Working...
              X