Favourite christmas movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite christmas movie

Its got to be National lampoons xmas vacation,A Christmas story and labyrinth.

Comment

I loved Scrooged but have only watched it in my adult years.

The snowman brings back the biggest memories for me, makes me all tingly inside! Also love Santa Claus the movie as it's a typical 80s kids film.

Comment

Scrooge with Albert Finney!

Comment

Originally posted by katrin
          My favorite film is HOME ALONE
          Same here. I've got Home Alone 1 / 2 / 3 on DVD in a 3-DVD set that I bought Xmas 2004 I think. Since then I've seen Home Alone and Home Alone 2 every Xmas on DVD. I like Home Alone and Home Alone 2, but am not that keen on Home Alone 3. Some Xmases I've not bothered seeing Home Alone 3.
          I am 13 ... times 4.

Comment

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Clark Griswald is a legend.

Comment

For Real Christmas movies, the Muppet Christmas Carol tops it out, with Michael Caine playing it wonderfully straight.
              With Polar Express doing well for not being too sweet, and having superb animation.

For the Traditional War Films at Christmas one must add The Heros of Telemark, starring Kirk Douglas's chin.
              It edges out Von Ryan's Express, the Bridge at Remagen and The Longest Day.
              "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Definately The Wizard of Oz. Christmas night, Turkey sandwiches, playing with all my toys and its dark outside. Wizard of Oz on the telly in the background with all the adult laughter and singing, drinking babycham and snowballs.

Comment

die hard
                  bad santa
                  its a wonderful life
                  home alone
                  national lampoons christmas

Comment

The Wizard of Oz
                    Elf

Comment

All of the versions of A Christmas Carol, including the more recent "takes" on the storyline. Best for me is the one with Alastair Sim.

Comment

Easy,Albert Finney in Scrooge the musical,Muppets A christmas Carol,majority of films based on that story,since it's my fav.I also like the Santa Clause series and Fred Claus.My mum is here,hers is White Christmas.

I do love a Christmas film,even in July!

tulip

Comment

This is not a movie but for me it has to be The Box Of Delights, it was an BBC 80's childrens fantasy i loved then and still love now at my age(38!) it is broken down in to episodes but i normally sit and watch the whole lot on christmas eve....magic!

Comment

Has to be Trading Places. I watch it every other Xmas. It's a classic film, very funny, and has lots of xmas stuff going on.

Comment

I love Trading Places. Even though it's not strictly a Christmas film the christmas time setting just makes it feel great to watch. I love National Lampoons Christmas Vacation too. The Grinch is also a favourite!
                              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I always try to watch The box of delights in the 2 weeks up to christmas...if i remember correctly when it was first shown it spanned the week before christmas with the final episode which was set on christmas eve actually broadcasting on christmas eve, this in itself added to the sentiment.

I also like to watch the children of green knowe which is set around the xmas school holidays.

Film wise in blockbuster way would have to include Gremlins,Home Alone,Oliver! and finally Scrooge (the 70's musical version - maybe not the best but its close)

Comment

Working...
                                X