Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite christmas movie

Originally posted by spookiemoviemania View Post
    Gotta be without doubt A Christmas Carol (Scrooge). I have two faves the 1953 Brit version with Alistair Sim as Scrooge and the 80s American version with George C Scott as the miserly old man. My next Chrissie treat is A Griswald Christmas with the always funny Chevy Chase. Has he finally discovered how to operate all his Chrissie lites.
    What do you think of the CGI remake with Jim Carey ?? I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      What do you think of the CGI remake with Jim Carey ?? I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I have not seen it. Will take a look. Hope Carey does not overact in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Also The Snowman where choirboy Aled Jones sings the song in the short animated film. If you ask Aled about it now he gets embarrassed lol
        Except Aled Jones didn't sing it in the film! It was a boy called Peter Auty. Aled Jones got all the glory when they decided to release it as a single and asked him to sing it.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          Except Aled Jones didn't sing it in the film! It was a boy called Peter Auty. Aled Jones got all the glory when they decided to release it as a single and asked him to sing it.
          That's almost right Toys R Us wanted to used Walking In The Air for an advert but couldn't get the rights to Peter Auty's version so Aled Jones was used for the ads & later released as a single.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Another more recent addition to my Christmas favourites that was first shown on tele about 9 years ago on BBC4 (and I liked enough to get on DVD) is 'A Child's Christmases in Wales', a charming little film full of nostalgia, set over a couple of Christmases in South Wales during the 80's, Ruth Jones is Mum...takes you back

Comment

Human centipede or the happy little elves of lollipop lane....hard to choose.
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Just kiddin...Scrooge starring Alistair sim, i have been known to watch this in july (i have it on dvd)
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Rather keen on Scrooged

Attached Files
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Always love the polar express.
                    Always ready for chat.

Comment

Working...
                    X