'Crossroads' Miss Diane, Sue Hanson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Crossroads' Miss Diane, Sue Hanson

'Crossroads' Miss Diane, Sue Hanson, hopes for acting comeback after years of heartache

see here for more details
    http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/su...6331-25223174/

Re: 'Crossroads' Miss Diane, Sue Hanson

Feck yeah! Remember her? Miss Diane and Benny, Jill, Meg, Sandy, Fay, David Hunter. I have vague memories of a Terry and a Tina. Shooey (?) McVee the chef. My mam used to watch it avidly, she'd watch the credits to see the wee clip at the end.
    One time I was on my hols in my auntie's farm. They had a deranged cow chained up in a shed. My cousin and I were teasing the poor thing, waving our dolls in at him over the top part of the door. The cow went mad, kicked the door down and chased us acrpss the yard, we ran screaming into the house. My auntie was watching Crossroads. Insensed with rage at the interuption, she pushed us back out the door. Luckily my uncle was nearby and sorted the cow out.

Comment

His name was Shughie McFee!

I loved watching Crossroads with my mum as a kid. Don't remember too much about the plots, but I do remember Benny eventually marrying some hippy chick - a traveller? - Maureen? -who then died. I also remember Amy Turtle spending the night in the cells for shoplifting (I think she'd gone doolally when her young grandson died), and I remember a blonde bespectacled character who was in the Salvation Army.(Sally?)

There was also a bloke called Bill or Jim Baines, who first appeared as a squatter in David Hunter's weekend cottage, ended up as a respectable mechanic and married a woman with longish dark hair and a fringe, who wore wynciette pyjamas.

And wasn't there a lady whose surname was Turnbull? For some reason I think she may have been quite posh, but I can't remember anything about her.

The only other plotline I remember wasn't very nice - a young naive girl went hitchhiking and was attacked and raped by the lorry driver who picked her up. I remember her in tears recollecting that he'd said "who's a lucky girl then?" when he picked her up.

I also know that in later years Dee Hepburn from Gregory's Girl was in it, although I wasn't watching it by then.

Comment

Yeah, Dee Hepburn played Anne Marie Wade, she went out with Roy who played Max in Brookside. Remember Miranda too who was date raped by a Jeremy(?) Wheeler? An evil looking dude with a black tache.

Comment

Can't believe no one has mentioned Marilyn Gates - Sue Nicholls, AKA Audrey Roberts from Corrie She was a chamber maid in Crossroads and one of Dianes friends.Ended up marrying a Vicar. Hmmmmm thinking about it - she was in it in the early days - mid 60's and had probably loooooong gone before most of you started viewing
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Wasn't there a big movie spin-off starring Britney Spears?
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
              Wasn't there a big movie spin-off starring Britney Spears?
              Sorry to burst your bubble but they are connected by name only.Britney spears movie has no other simularity.
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone seen a missing sense of humour?

Comment

Don't recall Sue Nicholls in Crossroads, but I do remember her playing Miss Popov in Rentaghost. I hated Rentaghost, at least after Fred Mumford left.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                    Anyone seen a missing sense of humour?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                      Don't recall Sue Nicholls in Crossroads, but I do remember her playing Miss Popov in Rentaghost
                      And, of course, her role as sexy secretary Joan Greengross in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttybott View Post
                        And, of course, her role as sexy secretary Joan Greengross in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
                        She was in Pipkins as well.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by joybee View Post
                          Can't believe no one has mentioned Marilyn Gates - Sue Nicholls, AKA Audrey Roberts from Corrie She was a chamber maid in Crossroads and one of Dianes friends.Ended up marrying a Vicar. Hmmmmm thinking about it - she was in it in the early days - mid 60's and had probably loooooong gone before most of you started viewing
                          Whilst playing Marilyn in Crossroads, Sue also had a very brief pop career with a minor hit called Where will you be.

Comment

Speaking of Crossroads, just saw the actor who played Benny in an episode of The Sweeney. Seemed a bit weird watching him playing a thug!

Comment

Who remembers Glenda? And wasn't there someone called Henry J. Pollard? My mum was a Crossroads addict!

Comment

Working...
                              X