No announcement yet.

car spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda got 3 rare-ish/interesting motors so am used to the wave to fellow owners

btw........is that your cat in your avatar????...............Siamese i take it??

got 2 Orientals(a caramel and a Havana) and a Sphynx

Comment

Yes, that's my boy, he's a chocolate Burmese. I love Havana's they're pretty similar to brown Burmese aren't they? And gosh a sphynx!! Aren't they those wrinkly hairless cats? Haven't seen one in real-life but they look really comical. Are they both affectionate?

Comment

did anyone play punch car when they were kids, usually going on holiday to gt yarmouth in the car with us, every time you see a vw beetle you shout out "punch car" not really interesting but my mum still does it now when i take her anywhere in the car.

Comment

Re: car spotting

A group of us used to play a game on our bikes called Traffic Lights, on the pavement outside our house. Basically everybody would choose one different colour and then we'd split into 2 groups. One group went to one end of the road and the other groups to the opposite end. When a car of the colour you had chosen went by then you got to ride to the other end of the pavement. Fortunately we lived on quite a busy road and tended to play late evenings so that we had the benefit of home-time traffic. There were no winners, just the chance to chat and hang out with older siblings and their ultra-cool friends.

I can remember playing that game late into dusk and hoping that I'd get to see another car of my chosen colour before being called in for bedtime.

Comment

I used to play a game with my friends from the same road as I lived in the early '80s. Every August, we would see how many cars we could spot with the new registration letter of that year over the course of the month, and then see who spotted the most at the end of the month. It always helped that our family usually took a UK holiday that month, so more chance to watch the roads on car journeys.
            "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I remember doing some new car spotting when going on holiday in August.

As my family went to North Norfolk almost every year early in August it made the journey a bit more interesting.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yeah I done that too
                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I remember as a child being on holiday with a friend and spending the whole time collecting car registration numbers we once even went into a car park and thought we'd struck gold!
                  I thought about about it not that long ago, what I thought was "WHY DID WE DO THAT AND FOR WHAT REASON"!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X