Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

horror TV series late 80s, please help me remember!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horror TV series late 80s, please help me remember!

please help me im trying to remember a horror tv series i watched when i was young. it would have been late 80s or even early 90s. it starts off showing you the house and it zooms in and lights up or turns red. in one of the episodes the father drinks a glass of water that has what i remember as a ball or marble inside it and he swallows it. he then becomes posesed with a demon, and its v.scary!! in another episode one of the children (who wears braces) is attacked and runs into the bathroom. she looks in the mirror and her braces in her mouth start expanding all over her face and she tears at it and pulls it off!! sounds strange but it was scary at the time. does anyone recognise this or have any idea what it was?? any ideas are welcome!!! thanks

Re: horror TV series late 80s, please help me remember!

Something like this happened in Poltergeist 2, but it was a boy it happened to (I dunno..kids these days! You can't tell whether they're boys or girls! )

YouTube - Poltergeist 2 - Wild Braces Scene

Though something is telling me it may be "Eerie Indiana" as it was incredibly plagiaristic.... though brilliant nonetheless

Comment

Or... could it be...

Monsters (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"monsters" was shown on the sci-fi channel in the early 90s and, from what I have just read elsewhere, the opening credits started in space, zoomed onto a street, then the house.... couldn't find a reference to the house lighting up or glowing, though.

Unfortunately, I can't find any clip on Youtube as typing the word "monsters" into the search bar just brings up loads of "Monsters inc" clips and special effects stuff.

Hope this helps?

Comment

Ok... I didn't look hard enough. In between "Monsters Inc" and that film about the lesbian serial killer lol....

YouTube - Monsters: TV Series Theme

Is this it?

Comment

thanks, the braces scene i remember is definately from poltergeist 2, it was a boy!! thanks, must have watched it about 20 years ago its stuck in my mind!! the house thing i remember must be from something else, its not monsters, but thanks for taking the time to look it up on u tube for me

Comment

No worries

The annoying thing is... the more I think about it, the more I'm sure I have seen the thing you are talking about!

Comment

its very annoying i cant remember more about it! it always zoomed into the house either at the begining or the end of the programme and it looked spooky, sure it glowed red or something, used to be dead scared lol

Comment

hey guys!! 2 years since i posted this and its still annoying me!! does anyone have any ideas at all?? think its was a tv horror series of the late 80s maybe early 90s. it would have been on channel 1-4 didnt have extra channels then.

thanku

Comment

Originally posted by carolsbadmemory! View Post
                  in one of the episodes the father drinks a glass of water that has what i remember as a ball or marble inside it and he swallows it. he then becomes posesed with a demon, and its v.scary!!
                  Could it be this scene Carol? Also from Poltergeist 2, it's the worm from a bottle of Tequila he drinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNKQwSqgP38

Comment

yes i think it might be this scene. think i am possibly getting two different films mixed up! the house that glows red must be from something else. thanku for finding that

Comment

Currently working offshore and the IT guys have blocked Youtube >
                      only house I can think of is the beginning of " Hammer house of Horror " ( TV Series )
                      u could check it out on u tube
                      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Hi, I don't know if you're still looking for the tv series with the house, but it does sound like The Outer Limits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I7vPbthvWo

or even Tales From the Darkside? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peIcvwpmaCg

Both great series you should check out if you haven't already!

Comment

Unnatural Causes ....a series on ITV had a child's drawing of a house in the titles. A slow zoom towards it revealed a flower in the window wilting away and then all the windows turned black....Plinky spooky piano tune accompanied this. I never actually watched any of the serials but those titles were unsettling and I remember them well.... Could this be the one?

Comment

ok, not piano....and not particularly plinky sounding....is this what you mean (if anyone still wishes to know)?

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/mivana/m.ph...ses_1986&spl=1

Comment

Working...
                            X