Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Do many people still have greasy English breakfasts on Christmas day?

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
      Of course !!

It's tradition in many areas .. bacon , baked beans , sausages , mushrooms, fried / poached eggs , fried bread , toast ..

All fried in LARD .... with a big mug of tea !!

And well that's in my part of the world anyways.. Manchester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        Of course !!

It's tradition in many areas .. bacon , baked beans , sausages , mushrooms, fried / poached eggs , fried bread , toast ..

All fried in LARD .... with a big mug of tea !!

And well that's in my part of the world anyways.. Manchester

Manc right here Zincubus....what about black pudden?
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Manc right here Zincubus....what about black pudden?
          Ahhh well .. I'm the classic fussy eater , I only eat a very small selection of things ... all English as well I just can't stomach anything new or strange or spicy etc

I had a couple of bites of black pudding ( without knowing what's in it !) and I hated the taste , smell and texture... all the family love it .. my son is one of the minority who even eats the skin !

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
            Don't tempt me! I had a friend who came up from London a few years ago and we had onion rings with chips. I hope that when my online food shopping comes tomorrow I can eat more traditionally. I have had the turkey dinner today, so I think that it will be chicken on Christmas Day itself,
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              Don't tempt me! I had a friend who came up from London a few years ago and we had onion rings with chips. I hope that when my online food shopping comes tomorrow I can eat more traditionally. I have had the turkey dinner today, so I think that it will be chicken on Christmas Day itself,
              We have chicken all the time so Christmas Day is Turkey and Lamb

Comment

Everyone shopped for their Chrissie presents yet or are you like me a last minute shopper?

Comment

I usually do the Christmas cards rather than the presents. Less bulky.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

We have chicken all the time so Christmas Day is Turkey and Lamb
                    As I haven't got the patience or the manpower of stuffing a bird and putting it in the oven, I usually have one of those microwave meals instead - and it cooks in a lot less time as well. When the Queen is on, I just pop it in the microwave and it is usually done by the time she has finished.

I think that I have got some Cranberry Sauce in the fridge from last year, or the year before.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Turkey crown is the way to go, non of the crappy brown meat found on wings and legs....simples!
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I have just had my online food delivery for Christmas and the cupboards, fridge and freezer are full up - there is some satisfaction if getting it over and done with. I ordered a couple of books of first class stamps but I couldn't find the damn things when everything was delivered - I have emailed the powers that be, but I bet that it will take until the 28th at least.

I just hope that I can put all the stress, anxiety and everything else on my mind on the back burner for the next three days at least.

It will be chicken for me rather than turkey because they didn't do a turkey flavoured dinner.
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I have just had my online food delivery for Christmas and the cupboards, fridge and freezer are full up - there is some satisfaction if getting it over and done with. I ordered a couple of books of first class stamps but I couldn't find the damn things when everything was delivered - I have emailed the powers that be, but I bet that it will take until the 28th at least.

I just hope that I can put all the stress, anxiety and everything else on my mind on the back burner for the next three days at least.

It will be chicken for me rather than turkey because they didn't do a turkey flavoured dinner.
                          I'd guess the stamps are in the post !!

We only tried that online Tesco shopping once as they're offered free delivery and £5 cash back ...

Sadly went a bit pair shaped as the wife ticked the box for NO CARRIER bags !!

The bloke came with this huge delivery in some massive trays .... checked there were no eggs on the list and tipped everything on the carpet in our hallway !!

Comment

Funnily enough I emailed Tesco and asked if the stamps could be sent in the post to me - after the holiday it seems now of course. Ironic that the stamps are the smallest item on the list in size but were the most expensive items together! I only noticed it when I looked at the A4 receipt printout around half an hour after the delivery man left. And yes, I did wish the delivery man a Merry Christmas before he left as well!

Not the first time I didn't get the stamps I ordered - I used Asda at my old place and it happened back then as well. I know that I have still got stamps already, but I am kicking myself at the fact that I probably didn't pick them up as my mind was too much on the food items that were being delivered. £136 it came to in total and the only food items unavailable (I never ask for substitutes) were for some pizzas.

I always go for no carrier bags - I just cannot stand my place being cluttered up with them all over the place.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Funnily enough I emailed Tesco and asked if the stamps could be sent in the post to me - after the holiday it seems now of course. Ironic that the stamps are the smallest item on the list in size but were the most expensive items together! I only noticed it when I looked at the A4 receipt printout around half an hour after the delivery man left. And yes, I did wish the delivery man a Merry Christmas before he left as well!

Not the first time I didn't get the stamps I ordered - I used Asda at my old place and it happened back then as well. I know that I have still got stamps already, but I am kicking myself at the fact that I probably didn't pick them up as my mind was too much on the food items that were being delivered. £136 it came to in total and the only food items unavailable (I never ask for substitutes) were for some pizzas.

I always go for no carrier bags - I just cannot stand my place being cluttered up with them all over the place.
                              Did he tip everything on the floor for you as well

Comment

Did he tip everything on the floor for you as well
                                No, I think that my place is already a mess as it is. I shall wait and see what happens.
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X