Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I remember glitter being a a feature of school Christmas cards, which seemed to get everywhere.
    Even when I write out Christmas cards and put them in envelopes nowadays, the glitter seems to escape and goes everywhere - it happens almost every year.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

latest christmas nibbles..
      Attached Files
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Are there any old fashioned Christmas food that not many people eat nowadays?

I was told that evening buffets were common from the 1960s to the 1980s but they have lost popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          Are there any old fashioned Christmas food that not many people eat nowadays?

I was told that evening buffets were common from the 1960s to the 1980s but they have lost popularity.
          Weren't they served on what was similar to an artist's palate with different compartments for the food samples?

You might inspire me for getting something like for my online Christmas food shop if they still exist!
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
            Weren't they served on what was similar to an artist's palate with different compartments for the food samples?
            You can still buy them. They are sometimes used with a hand powered turntable below them often called a Lazy Susan that could once have been a brand name.

Comment

You can still buy them. They are sometimes used with a hand powered turntable below them often called a Lazy Susan that could once have been a brand name.
              Lazy Suzie methinks.
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Christmas tree up at last - placed in a different place in the room as previous years.

If the baubles don't do it justice, then the lights will instead.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Why do all but a tiny minority of people only eat Christmas pudding at Christmas?

Comment

Why do all but a tiny minority of people only eat Christmas pudding at Christmas?
                    Isn't it only available in the shops then ??

I love it with white sauce or rum sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Two reasons why I don't really eat Christmas pudding, either at Christmas or at any other time of the year:

1) It takes ages to prepare and cook.
                      2) The taste is too rich and sickly for myself.

The Coop that I used to live near to had them almost all year round, although the word "Christmas" was not mentioned on the packaging.
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Orrible!....The last thing i want to eat after a heavy meal is an even heavier pudding plus the sixpence gets stuck in my teeth.
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

It's possible to make a Christmas pudding at any time of the year...

My own cynical theory is that such a rich, heavy, and potentially alcohol infused concoction is just too unpleasant for most people to actually want to eat. They only force themselves to eat it on one day of the year, after forcing themselves to eat sprouts, simply because it is festive tradition.

An alternative to traditional Christmas pudding is college pudding. It's lighter than Christmas pudding and includes spices and dried fruit that isn't infused in alcohol. There are times when I think that shops should sell this instead of Christmas pudding as I could eat it regularly. Another alternative is St. Nick's pudding which is based on the old English plum pudding.

Comment

I like Christmas Pudding, though I agree that it is rather heavy after a big dinner. Always have it with either rum or brandy sauce. It used to be all home-made, but the puddings are shop-bought now my mum is no longer with us.

Also mince pies. I also love them, but the very cheap ones often seem to have imo disappointing fillings. Home-made are best, but again we have to get shop-bought now mum is gone.

Comment

When I was in high school we would have a door decorating contest at Christmas time in which the winning homeroom class would get a pizza party. I had the same homeroom for two or three years and we always won.

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                                Two reasons why I don't really eat Christmas pudding, either at Christmas or at any other time of the year:

1) It takes ages to prepare and cook.
                                2) The taste is too rich and sickly for myself.

The Coop that I used to live near to had them almost all year round, although the word "Christmas" was not mentioned on the packaging.
                                They are strong tasting but that's why you cover it with oodlings of white sauce or rum sauce ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X