Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    The postman came today and I am pleased to say that I had four lovely Christmas cards in the post from two relatives, a friend, and even somewhere where I went when in holiday - I just hope that all the other Christmas cards I receive will be from those who are passionate about Christmas and other people (such as myself), and that what happened last week is in the past.
    My postman came today and brought my fuel bill :-0
    Still no Christmas cards for me George but i live in hope! ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
      My postman came today and brought my fuel bill :-0
      Still no Christmas cards for me George but i live in hope! ☺
      I do sympathise, Daniella - I won't say that "things can only get better", as that has had political overtones in in the past, and that can be rather sensitive at this moment in time...

Received six Christmas cards today from the postie (well, they weren't from the postie as such, but from people that I know) - I was surprised that one of them made it into my letterbox as the street name on the envelope almost looked illegible in the sender's handwriting. All I can say is thank goodness for Post Codes - at least I always write the whole address on the envelope in capital letters and not just the name of the town.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I do sympathise, Daniella - I won't say that "things can only get better", as that has had political overtones in in the past, and that can be rather sensitive at this moment in time...

Received six Christmas cards today from the postie (well, they weren't from the postie as such, but from people that I know) - I was surprised that one of them made it into my letterbox as the street name on the envelope almost looked illegible in the sender's handwriting. All I can say is thank goodness for Post Codes - at least I always write the whole address on the envelope in capital letters and not just the name of the town.
        I have thick skin, I'm sure i can cope if i don't receive many, if any! ☺
        I sent about 20 yesterday, so I've done my bit.
        It's nice you're receiving cards George, keep us up to date with the amount. ☺

Comment

Another two arrived today - I knew who sent one of them because of the number of stamps he uses on the envelope, half a dozen of them, although they do total to the correct postage amount!
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's always nice to receive christmas cards but i soon get fed up of them, we have started putting them in a drawer until we have a lot and then we will put them all up at the same time usually about a week before crimbo, they come down again new years eve
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Another two arrived today - I knew who sent one of them because of the number of stamps he uses on the envelope, half a dozen of them, although they do total to the correct postage amount!
              I have 3 cards George, one is from Australia too. I'll hang them up this evening by the Christmas tree. ☺

Comment

Good for you - I am recovering from a cold which is why I am not posting much today.

I usually have a card from a friend in Australia as well, although I am not sure about this year as I only put the equivalent of UK postage on the envelope.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Got one yesterday from an "across the road" neighbour on the street that I used to live on before I moved to my present address.
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It's funny, while she was with us I used to dislike my Gran's Christmas pudding and not have any most years... what I wouldn't give to have her and her pudding back for one more year!

We always had stockings hung as children and at the toe end the next morning there was always one mandarin orange (from Japan). I wonder how my mother's generation experienced that as they were little partly while WWII was going on! No wooden crates of green paper wrapped oranges then. We had a few English/Yorkshire traditions like the pudding and watching the Queen's speech, but also some from my father's side and Holland... Gouda cheese and rollmop pickled herrings in a jar.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Just counted how many Christmas cards I have got blu-tacked on the wall, and I have around 35 of them - the nearest one was from the man in the flat above, and the furthest one was from New York, although I usually get one from someone who lives in Australia - mind you, seeing how the heatwave and the bush fires are going over there, one wouldn't be surprised why it has been delayed a bit.

Missed the deadline for the Tesco online delivery, what with the General Election and other things on mind so I will have to get the bus and go to Asda or Sainsbury's to do the Christmas food shopping myself - thank goodness that they both didn't merge after all!
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Good luck with all the pushing shoving trolley jams

Comment

Someone has to do it.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

And it's pouring with rain as well - at least it isn't snow.

God, I wish I could literally turn the clock back 30 years to when I had very little problems in the run up to Christmas.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Six Christmas cards arrived today, including one from someone I went to school with - a nice person back then, may I add.
                              I'm having so much fun
                              My lucky number's one
                              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I have about 20 in total now, not too bad so I'm pleased with that. ☺

Comment

Working...
                                X