Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Default Re: Christmas When You Were Growing Up

Quote Originally Posted by Donald the Great View Post
    Good to see you back on the threads Jemima. Hey dont feel guilty girl. We all over indulge in this festive season. To do otherwise is just not cricket.
    You are so right Donald, not to indulge just wouldn't be right or proper

....so do the board games come out? We generally buy a couple of new ones every christmas, we have loads of them which never see the light of day again after crimbo. You can buy "knockoff" versions of popular board games really cheap these days.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR.

My family used to watch the Queen's Speech and wondering (more like hoping) whether it's her last. I totally lost faith in the Queen after the assassination of Princess Diana and believe that she was behind it and several other problems in the Royal Family.

I want an interregnum after London Bridge is Down to determine the exact future role of the Monarchy.

I watch the Queen almost every year at 3.00 pm without fail (it's only seven or eight minutes so it's no bother), but I would like to say that the "Queen's Speech" is what she does during the State Opening of Parliament, not on Christmas Day.

I would rather watch the Queen rather than the Queen Vic on Christmas Day if you know what I mean.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I watch the Queen almost every year at 3.00 pm without fail (it's only seven or eight minutes so it's no bother), but I would like to say that the "Queen's Speech" is what she does during the State Opening of Parliament, not on Christmas Day.

I would rather watch the Queen rather than the Queen Vic on Christmas Day if you know what I mean.
    Interesting how we are both kinda controlled by our obsessive ways isn't it ??

Does it not bother you that her speech is written by the prime minister's people ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Interesting how we are both kinda controlled by our obsessive ways isn't it ??

Does it not bother you that her speech is written by the prime minister's people ?
    I am not really bothered who writes it - it's who reads it that matters.

I am not really bothered who writes it - it's who reads it that matters.
    That is interesting.. so you like the Queen in particular rather than the traditional Queen's speech !?

That is interesting.. so you like the Queen in particular rather than the traditional Queen's speech !?

She's a bit too old for me - besides, I think that the Duke of Edinburgh might object!

No, I just think that the Royal Family is all about being British and showing our true identity - I think that they are a good excuse to celebrate what is positive about Great Britain and it makes a huge change from all the negative stuff that this country is famous for. In a nutshell, I don't want to see this country end up with a President just like the United States and other countries. If it means a bit of Union Jack flying and singing the National Anthem all the time then so be it.

She's a bit too old for me - besides, I think that the Duke of Edinburgh might object!

No, I just think that the Royal Family is all about being British and showing our true identity - I think that they are a good excuse to celebrate what is positive about Great Britain and it makes a huge change from all the negative stuff that this country is famous for. In a nutshell, I don't want to see this country end up with a President just like the United States and other countries. If it means a bit of Union Jack flying and singing the National Anthem all the time then so be it.
    I can understand that viewpoint..

I wasn't suggesting you fancied the Queen

I really like James Hetfield ( Metallica ) that's nowt to do with fancying him LOL

I wasn't suggesting you fancied the Queen
    I know that! Her Lady in Waiting is quite aware of my correspondence to Buckingham Palace in recent years however.

Catherine Middleton or Meghan Markle would probably be a lot closer to my own age group!