ITV teletext

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITV teletext

Dunno about you but I find myself really missing this service (It finished on 15th December)

It was very handy for local weather and seemed more relevant than BBC

Have spent many a happy time playing Bamboozle on it or reading the little cartoon strip with the worm and his mates

Sighhhh

Re: ITV teletext

I'm missing it Danny. Preferred it to Cefax.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I spent hours on teletext too.
        What was that worm called?
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

It was Turner The Worm with Glug The Slug.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Used to like p479. Footy chat. (Cue telling off from Herr Moderator.)
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Every afternoon I'de go straight to 402 to catch all the headlines (worse than a sowing circle, football gossip) down to news in brief, and Footy chat.
              There I could read self-proclaimed "real fans" whinge on about overpaid footballers not giving 110%, while they stand in a cowpat in midwinter watching their third division team lose. (This makes them martyrs, or something like that.)
              Meanwhile, everyone else is a glory-hunter latching on to a team that has bought the title.
              I'm gonna miss it.:cry:

Comment

The teletext service has a web based version.

The latest news and sport, entertainment reviews and listings, traffic and weather from Teletext
                sigpic

Comment

Gutted that Teletext has left our screens,enjoyed reading Gamecentral, movie talk/Vortex, Turner the Worm, TV texts and of course all the footy scores and updates. Ah, forgot about Bamboozle although that might have something to do with the fact that I very rarely got past the first few questions!

Comment

Turner The Worm! That was it!
                    My boys used to love reading the joke and kids pages when they were young and couldn't wait for them to change to new ones.

The main thing that annoyed me though was waiting for the pages to go back to 1 before you could read a story properly in order.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I used to love playing Bamboozle! It was "presented" by Bamber Boozler who had an assistant called Bambette. She even got pregnant!!!! I lost touch after that, anyone know how the "birth" went? What did she have?

Comment

I think she had a conundrum

Comment

Call me thick if I've missed something, but where can I get TV listings?
                          I can't find them on the beeb, ITV has obviously gone, Sky only seems to report on its own so what else?

You're not seriously telling me that after all our so-called advances in digital technology and service, that I now have to buy a paper to find out what's on the telly?!

Comment

Most digiboxes & integrated TVs have a programme guide.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'll have to get a new TV and Digigygaggigady box.
                              Other than what's on now and next, it doesn't give full listings.
                              I just think it should be a basic service. People get so caught up in new technology they forget it had a purpose.
                              My mistake, the purpose is to get me to buy a new television!
                              (Which I wont.)

Comment

Working...
                              X