Findus Double Deckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findus Double Deckers

These are driving me absolutely mental as nobody but nobody remembers them and I know I'm not imagining them. They were made by Findus and were oblong in shape and were filled with half mashed potato and half sausage meat (or something) and were covered in batter and you had to fry them in the frying pan or chip pan. They came out about the same time as Findus Crispy Pancakes but the pancakes have continued production whereas the Double Deckers have sadly been discontinued. They were lovely with peas and chips.

Moderators edit note Findus Double Deckers are also remembered here
    http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memor...double-deckers
    Last edited by Heather74; 13-09-2007, 16:39.

I vaguely remember them, I think they did a fish one as well. I'm not sure if it was Findus or Birds Eye that did a thing called Brunchies which were like a fishcake or rissole but had scrambled egg and sausage meat in the middle, they were nice as well.
    John

Comment

Does anyone eat fishcakes anymore ? A meal in itself in that they contained spuds'n' onion too.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Not sure about fishcakes, have never tried one and never would as I'm not a fish lover! Think they still sell them in the canteen in work though - every Friday!!

Comment

sweet !

I used to absolutely love findus double deckers, I knew my mam was in a good mood if I was given these for tea, nothing better on a weekday afternoon than eating double deckers, chips, and beans while watching he man !
          I never liked fishcakes the filling always reminded of pre chewed fish !

Comment

Slushpup, I love you! Thank God somebody remembers the blinkin things. Thought I wasn't imagining them. Great weren't they? I said they were nice with peas but now you mention, beans were much nicer. I wish they'd bring them back out.

Comment

Re: Findus Double Deckers

*Michael Caine mode*
              did you know.. BirdsEye are called Iglo in Europe. They have Captain Iglo instead of Captain Birdseye

Comment

Not a lot of people know that......

They do now
                Heather

Comment

Comment

So how long before we lose Captain Birdseye to the same black hole as Marathon,Jiff and Opal Fruits!!!
                    Heather

Comment

Works both ways though. Twix were always called Raiders in Europe, but now they have to call them Twix (as they should).
                      They were not happy about it

Comment

Twix sounds so much better, Raiders indeed
                        Heather

Comment

Twix..Twin Stix

Comment

Well you live and learn, I never knew that either, what genius
                            Heather

Comment

HI,

I never and I mean never sign up to these forums, but felt I had to tell you that I of 34 years of age do remeber Brinchies and absolutly loved them, I am sure they had sausage meat in them, and remember having them shallow fried. !!! Bring back BRUNCHIES!!! and do not lower the fat, remove the salt or lower colesterol, it would only spoil them, I am sure that I could keep the company afloat with my consumtion alone

Comment

Working...
                              X