Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

puppy and kitty in my pocket and polly pockets!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puppy and kitty in my pocket and polly pockets!!

does anyone remember collecting either puppy or kitty in my pocket in the 90s??? i loved collecting kitty in my pocket!!! i still have my collection! i have a couple of the same cats because i kept buying them and getting the same ones, lol! I also loved polly pockets, i played with them for hours and still have a collection of some. i'll never give them away. they were great toys werent they?

Re: puppy and kitty in my pocket and polly pockets!!

I remember a girl from primary school who collected these, her dad was actually one of the teachers and she had had a pretty decent collection going. The thing about her was that she was really whiny, the sort of kid who cries and moans until she gets what she wants. So one day one of the other kids is walking along the playground holding their collection of Puppy/Kitty in my pocket and this girl spots one that she is missing from her collection.

The next thing she runs up to the other kid and bursts into tears, not taking her eyes off this one toy she needs. The other kid looked completely dumbfounded at this crying wreck infront of them until her dad (who happened to be patrolling the playground) is brought over by one of the dinnerladies to sort the whole mess out. I still remember the look of embarassment on his face as he realised the whole reason for his daughter's outburst! Eventually he managed to move her along, meanwhile the other kid is just standing there looking totally confused.

Comment

My sister had 1 or 2, & there were some Star Wars made in 1997 for the Special Edition reissues.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I've bought pony in my pocket and puppy in my pocket for my nieces this xmas. Polly Pocket is much bigger these days!

Comment

can you still buy polly pockets?? Wow i didnt know that! I was always missing a few kitty in my pockets, myself! You know what i found about a year ago, an old barbie jeep in the box, its about 20 years old. I threw it out cos the steering wheel was broken off, otherwise it would have prob been worth something...shame

Comment

Originally posted by carolsbadmemory! View Post
            can you still buy polly pockets?? Wow i didnt know that! I was always missing a few kitty in my pockets, myself! You know what i found about a year ago, an old barbie jeep in the box, its about 20 years old. I threw it out cos the steering wheel was broken off, otherwise it would have prob been worth something...shame
            Polly Pockets are still REALLY popular. My little girl loves them and has a whole box full of bits and pieces. I always find an odd tiny shoe laying around ready to clog up the hoover

Comment

In the mid 90s my sons had some little sci-fi, alien type little sets like these, but I can't remember the name of them.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                In the mid 90s my sons had some little sci-fi, alien type little sets like these, but I can't remember the name of them.
                Sounds like Mighty Max there Kazboot, I remember Woolworths always having loads of them, all sorts of different versions. Like most popular kids toys they made a cartoon out of it which I remember airing on Saturday mornings at one point.

Comment

That's right, Mighty Max!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mm_dragon_2_crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	259487

sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                  X