X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Tapestry

Did anyone else have Touch Tapestry?
    I had one of a horse in the early 70s.
    It was a different and really good way of making a picture by pushing the wool into a polystyrene board with a sort of blade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BhdW3mWkKGrHqIOKjEry0JkcGMBLJR2k071_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	264119

sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Touch Tapestry

i had one of these!! Wouldnt have remembered the name though. You had to 'tuck' the wool/thead into the board, i can remember doing a whole row and the thread all coming out!!

Comment

Oh lovely, someone else remembers it.

I know what you mean about the thread coming out, it could be tricky!
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I had one too... It was 1966 when I was just 10. Was living in Zambia then so it was clearly widely marketed. It was a Golden Palomino, one of the best things I was ever given. The satisfaction of creating something so beautiful, yet simply....WOW I had my end result framed and hung on my bedroom wall. Does anybody know if that still make them. Much better gift than a mobile phone :-) Would love to find one for my niece.....

Comment

Originally posted by achristacat9 View Post
          I had one too... It was 1966 when I was just 10. Was living in Zambia then so it was clearly widely marketed. It was a Golden Palomino, one of the best things I was ever given. The satisfaction of creating something so beautiful, yet simply....WOW I had my end result framed and hung on my bedroom wall. Does anybody know if that still make them. Much better gift than a mobile phone :-) Would love to find one for my niece.....
          My sister had the horse one too. I don't think she ever finished it, but it did look good...from a distance.

Comment

Funny that was also living in Zambia in the early 70's when I first came accross this tapestry kit. I always thought it was on a styrofoamish board. Loved it and wish I could get them today. boy those were the days!

Comment

[QUOTE=kazboot;130200]Did anyone else have Touch Tapestry?
              I had one of a horse in the early 70s.
              It was a different and really good way of making a picture by pushing the wool into a polystyrene board with a sort of blade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BhdW3mWkKGrHqIOKjEry0JkcGMBLJR2k071_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	264119

[/QUOT
              I would like to know if there is a place where you can buy these, I had 3, a cat, horse, home sweet home. I have been to a few possible places but no-one has not heard of them, I'd love to do some more.

Comment

Working...
              X