Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaround with raf lightning!

HI

ANYBODY REMEMBER THE CLIP FROM MIKE REID'S RUNAROUND FROM ABOUT 1979 - THEY BROUGHT ON AN RAF ENGLISH ELECTRIC LIGHTNING PLANE COMPLETE WITH PILOT!?!?

I WAS (AND STILL AM!) INFATUATED WITH AIRCRAFT, AND I WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT FOR DAYS! ANYONE REMEMBER IT OR EVEN HAVE A CLIP, WOULD "looovvvee" TO SEE IT AGAIN?

Re: Runaround with raf lightning!

YouTube - Clarksons Lightning

Did you know Jeremy Clarkson has one? Found this clip on youtube.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes! His wife was not very pleased about it (shame!) no one seems to remember the mike reid runaround one though, surely it must have been filmed on an air base for them to have towed the lightning in?

Comment

I tried youtube but nothing found so far.Not many people had video recorders back then.I'll keep my eye out for a clip.I used to watch Runaround myself as a kid.
        sigpic

Comment

Runaround (UK game show) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aparently most episodes got wiped because they had no commercial value.Only a few clips are on youtube such as the metal mickey techno special.Check link for more details.More stuff might be held by private collectors.check out this forum that i am a member of as it might help.
          The Mausoleum Club - Powered by XMB
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks memoman! That looks like a good site to be investigated!

Comment

Your welcome.Unfortunatley a wealth of information and photos etc are in private hands.Not enough is avaliable on line.I try to do my bit being a 60s child. I like to look back on better times.
              sigpic

Comment

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...cret-weapons-1

If you like aircraft maybe this site might interest you.i have the show.

if you have any interest in uboats try
                http://www.uboat.net/
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks! That's the stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                    HI

ANYBODY REMEMBER THE CLIP FROM MIKE REID'S RUNAROUND FROM ABOUT 1979 - THEY BROUGHT ON AN RAF ENGLISH ELECTRIC LIGHTNING PLANE COMPLETE WITH PILOT!?!?

I WAS (AND STILL AM!) INFATUATED WITH AIRCRAFT, AND I WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT IT FOR DAYS! ANYONE REMEMBER IT OR EVEN HAVE A CLIP, WOULD "looovvvee" TO SEE IT AGAIN?

The wonderful Talking Pictures TV are showing that very episode this morning. You can contact them through talkingpicturestv.co.uk.

Sat 19 Sep 20 09:00 Runaround 1980. Presented by Mike Reid. Prizes include roller skates, a set of raffia baskets and a tool set. This episode features Three-Wheeler Morgan cars, Ken Baile, a RAF Lightning aircraft, and more.

Comment

Working...
                    X