Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAF Recruiting Films played to you at School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAF Recruiting Films played to you at School?

I left school in 1981, we used to have to sit through careers talks and films - like Police Force and Nursing, but the ones that stick out in my mind are the RAF FILMS.

Does anyone remember seeing these films? Mainly F4 Phantoms from German Bases like Bruggen and exciting lives to be persued by joining up with the RAF?

I loved them but no one else seems to remember them (except me!" not much on youtube either...........

Re: RAF Recruiting Films played to you at School?

I left in 1981 too.But i have no recollection of these reruiting films.But they used to show recruiting ads on the television more regulary.
    sigpic

Comment

I left in 1979 and we certainly had a film from the RAF a year or two before that. It was just the one visit I think. Can't recall the film in detail; most of us were probably just glad not to be going to lessons!

Comment

In 1978 i joined the local sherwood foresters cadets.Participating in at a cadet level gave you a better idea of army life than just a short movie/talk.Apart from the usual drill i had a visit aboard hms apollo.weekend camps at ollerton and one the other side of derby.And an annual camp at scarborough.I declined to follow on into the territorials or army.But at least first hand i had some experience of army life albeit at cadet level.
        sigpic

Comment

We never had these - but the cloest/nearest or (in a way it was better) that we could get was having a Rifle Club, that was sort of "Services linked" (but it closed down before Year 10 sadly)

Comment

We did have Armed Forces recruitment films, but I only remember one by the Royal Navy. I do remember somebody coming from the Army, but can't remember going to the recruitment talk.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Nope, my old school hardly showed us any films even those that were probably an important part of a lessons. Recruiting films would of certainly of been a big No go area.

Comment

I remember my school had a Army Day when whoever signed up for it went for a day's basic training.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  I remember my school had a Army Day when whoever signed up for it went for a day's basic training.
                  Only one day a year? We had it every week!

Comment

Working...
                  X