Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic rugby ball with two long lines running through??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic rugby ball with two long lines running through??

A friend of mine is turning 30 this week and he mentioned the other day a toy he used to play with when he was younger.......it involved two players each holding two handles with two long bits of string attached to the handles and a ball (rugby shaped) was threaded on the string. The idea was that when the ball came towards you, you pull the handles apart and the ball would scoot to the other player who would do the same and so on...

I realise it's a long shot but does anyone know what the game is called and where I might purchase one or does anyone even know what I'm banging on about!!

Cheers

OOOOOOHHHHH I can reember this.....but sorry cant think what its called.... will try though.
    If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Aaaarghh!!!

I had one of these too! The strings were coated in a wax like substance to make the ball go faster!

I`m going to be pulling my hair out now trying to remember what it was called.

I`m sure it was called boing or something like that??

Take it easy

Pengy.

Comment

If you do remember...

If either of you do manage to remember I would really appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks in advance.

Jx

Comment

I think it began with G was it a strange name like ghool?????????? had to be strong to do it.

Comment

it came to me this morning, i'm sure it was called a goyng not sure if that's the right spelling.(going?)

Comment

I cant remember what its called but you can still buy this toy in our local shops lol i bought one for my daughter and spent most of the day untangling the strings

Comment

We had one of those too. I can't remember what it's called other than "that bloody nuisance game that takes hours to unravel the strings".

Actually now that I think on it, I think it was called Going as myself and my brothers at the time thought it was a very strange name for a toy.

Couldn't tell you who made it though and searches on t'internet have provided no leads.
                Last edited by nottrikk; 04-07-2006, 10:16.

Comment

i can't think of it either but i know this resulted in many busted open knuckles if you played rough like we did

Comment

blimey, I remember them. The girls at primary school used to play with them a lot. If boys played with them they got tangled up and/or people's hands bled. Absolutely no idea what they were called though. All I remember was that the name was embossed on the side of the orange rugby ball thing.
                    No luck searching Google either.

@ Polly. They still sell 'em? Well what are you waiting for? Nip down and have a look, and put us all out of our misery!

Comment

I used to have this. I thought it was called something like Striker, Stryker or Streeker. But my memory isn't what it was.
                      You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

Seen loads of these in Great Yarmouth sea side shops last year........ the name however eludes me. My kids thought Mommy and /daddy had gone insane when we bought one.
                        sigpic
                        Mrs Oggy
                        ~~~*~~~*~~~
                        Count your friends amongst the stars....
                        And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Something like Zoom, or streaker?

Comment

i still have one of these. i wont be going to the place where it is kept until march sometime though, but i can let you know then! i always remember playing with it, and then getting fed up because i wasnt strong enough to make the ball go all the way down the strings!

Comment

If anyone does remember the name or better still knows where to buy one on the interenet can you post.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X