Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Pics Of My Stuff

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    I think they usually produce them in the summer. I know ASDA was running them last year, they are normally on promo "50% EXTRA FREE" 3 litres for the price of 2 litres.

The old 3 litre bottles also used to have larger size caps than the current ones which use the same size caps as 2 litre bottles.

Talking of plastic bottles, does enyone remember when the plastic bottles used to have black plastic "cup like things" on the bottom?
    I can say i have only seen 3ltrs when they were 50% extra free.Plus pop sales are far higher during the summer.I don'r think we had any fizzy pop in that size last year.But we have bought dilute in such sizes.
    I remember the cups on the bottom Also.
    sigpic

Comment

Very Interested in seeing these Seltzer cans. I can remember buying a few but not being impressed with the drink. Will be good to see them again though.
      Any of your contacts got any Quosh Jokers?

Comment

I have just spent about an hour in my loft hunting for the Seltzer cans but I can't find them at the moment. I will be taking a week off work in about 2 weeks time, and this will be spent tidying and sorting my loft. As soon as I find the cans I will get the pictures posted.

Comment

Just been tidying up the loft today and found a few old leaflets so I thought I would share them. 2 of them show the old plastic bottles with those black cup like things on the bottom. The other is a Unigate order form for their range of soft drinks. Look at how cheap every thing was back then.

I still haven't found the plastic Seltzer cans yet, but I think I can see the box, so hopefully by Thursday I will be able to post pics of them.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice

Comment

I have finally found the Seltzer plastic cans in my loft, and here they are. I know some of you have been dying to see them!
              Attached Files

Comment

And I also found these old cans, both from the early 1990's.
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh wow! just as I remember them. I tried them all, but they were all rather insipid

Comment

Pick the bones out of that little lot

Comment

Nice picture, I remember the One Cal range, and Rola Cola, I can just make out a can of Corona Lemonade, Top Deck Shandy, and the old Blue Schweppes Lemonade can. What is the one under the Hubba Bubba can next to the Diet Lilt can? Any chance of some better pics of some of the cans? If you have time of course.

Comment

Fanta/Disney Juice Boxes From The 80's

Just found these in my loft, both of them are still full, but I don't think I will be drinking them anytime soon, although my 5 year old daughter was just eyeing them up!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fanta Juice Boxes 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	259567 Click image for larger version

Name:	Fanta Juice Boxes 02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	259568

Comment

Re: Fanta/Disney Juice Boxes From The 80's

Wow!! I dont remember still Fanta! Fanta to me is fizzy. Great pics
                          Heather

Comment

Re: Fanta/Disney Juice Boxes From The 80's

Seeing the box of empty cans,it seems really wierd them having the old style ring pull.I remember mum moaning at me for putting the ringpull into the can before i drank the drink.Also remember the plastic cups on the bottom of the 3 litre bottles.But what i remember most was,what seemed like years before the 3 litre plastic bottles came out,dad bought a 3 litre glass bottle(cant remember the drink),but i was amazed at the size,i'd never seen a drink so big.It was then used for many years as a doorstop/money box.

Comment

I have a friend in the States who collects all kinds of packaging and he has stuff going back to the early 1900's. When I was looking at pictures of his collection he has Coke, Sprite, and TaB glass bottles in 64oz which is just under 2 litre's. I can't imagine how heavy something like that weighs. If I was to take a drink straight from the bottle with one of those I would probably end up pouring it all over my face. LOL

Comment

Great pics! I remember drinking Lilt for the first time and thinking '' wow! ''. The orange tango can i remember very well,as i use to love looking at that can when drinking it.A face full of oranges was a delightful sight when drinking tango.

Comment

Working...
                                X