X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chrysler/talbot alpine car?

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
    Anyone remember these?

I still own one, 27 years old and still a FAB Car! It won Car of the Year in 1976 - bought mine in 93 and I cant complain really!

They are fantastic cars. We used to have a Talbet Alpine! It long since went to the scarpyard in the sky, but was an mazing beauty of a car!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      They are fantastic cars. We used to have a Talbet Alpine! It long since went to the scarpyard in the sky, but was an mazing beauty of a car!
      So pleased you liked them too! Can you recall the colour?

Comment

Flying Saucer - Have you seen the movie 'Gregory's Girl'? - Gregory's dad, a Driving Instructor uses an Alpine as his driving school car. It's not on screen for long, but it's quite prominent in the scene it's in.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
          Flying Saucer - Have you seen the movie 'Gregory's Girl'? - Gregory's dad, a Driving Instructor uses an Alpine as his driving school car. It's not on screen for long, but it's quite prominent in the scene it's in.
          It hadn't registered with me! I have the DVD somewhere, will have a look tonight, thanks!

Comment

So pleased you liked them too! Can you recall the colour?
            Burgendy Red on top with a Silver skirt it was

Comment

I think the Red/Silver two tone Alpines were known as Alpine Minx, that was the top of the range and quite a luxury model with silver/grey velour seats I bet it had electric windows too! Nice.

Comment

Theres a grey one in The Wild Geese film, it kept popping up in the scenes in the first half of the film.

Comment

Nice work sf1378, that's another one spotted!

Also, when Margaret Thatcher went into No 10 in 1979, she walks past a royal blue one!

Comment

I think the Red/Silver two tone Alpines were known as Alpine Minx, that was the top of the range and quite a luxury model with silver/grey velour seats I bet it had electric windows too! Nice.
                    Our's was very old, it was an old "B" Reg and was 9 years old in 1994 when we had her (it could of been 93' when we got her, but I doubt i'm right there) though. She died about 1997/98 I think.

Comment

One of my mates had one of these, probably around 1985 or so. It was a lime green, uncomfortable, rattley nightmare. It was cheap though, and I seem to remember it was good in the snow and ice and never got stuck.

One night he was driving us all back from a party and the engine suddenly went from its old rattley self to a lovely smooth, almost silent burble. Within 2 minutes it seized solid and would never run again. Most cars make a horrible noise before they die, this one whispered its goodbyes.

Cheers,
                      Finnthedude.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnthedude View Post
                        One of my mates had one of these, probably around 1985 or so. It was a lime green, uncomfortable, rattley nightmare. It was cheap though, and I seem to remember it was good in the snow and ice and never got stuck.

One night he was driving us all back from a party and the engine suddenly went from its old rattley self to a lovely smooth, almost silent burble. Within 2 minutes it seized solid and would never run again. Most cars make a horrible noise before they die, this one whispered its goodbyes.

Cheers,
                        Finnthedude.
                        Lime green, bet it had brown/orange seats? sounds like an earlier Chrysler one? Possibly a MK 1?

When your Talbot stops rattling, be afraid!

Comment

Working...
                        X