What books did you read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What books did you read?

I remember at primary school reading something like "Three Pirates" books. These were split up into Red, Green and Blue Pirates stories I think.
    Also I vaguely remember a book with a Golden Griffin on the front. I think we read through these stories at our own pace.
    Anyone else remember these?

Comment

Biggles, Luck of the Leigion, Tarzan and the like( and my annuals) lived next to the Town Library and was always in there.
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

The Target Dr Who's, this was before video.
        My annuals too.
        The Star Trek Log books.
        Moomin books,
        The Wombles.
        Henry the helecopter i think, adventures of a red helecopter, books, from the local library, and some about a tugboat too.
        Harry and the lady next door, about a dog.

Comment

Hey Jason, you're the only person I've come across who has heard of these..One of the first questions I asked on the forum was about the griffin books..glad you remember them too !

Comment

think the first books i had where the Mr Men books, the first proper book was james and the giant peach....a classic

Comment

At my infant school we used to read books about the village with three coreners. Some of the characters were Roger Red Hat, Jennifer Yellow Hat, Billy Blue Hat.

When I was a teenager i used to love The secret Diary Of Adrian Mole, by Sue Townsend I think.

Comment

At school I read ladybird books, Peter and Jane?, Topsy and Tim, and a book about a green dragon, Green Smoke, I think it was kool anyhow, and a bit later a reading, writing, english system called SRA, but no one seems to have heard of that.

Comment

As a teenager I moved on to Sci-fi and Horror any one remember "The Pan BooK(s) of Horror" some great stories in these often recited around a fire when camping. Also got into John Norman's Gor books. They have been in the news recently as inciting slavery and were banned in America for a while. Though when your 15/16 those issues never clicked, they were just a good read.
                  The eyes have it!
                  sigpic

Comment

oh wow I remeember Topsy and Tim, we started on Janet and John, and I think there was a Jack and Jill series,I remember the teacher reading us My naughty little sister.
                    I also remember taking out There was an old lady who swallowed a fly,from the school libarary more than once, because the holes in her tummy got bigger and bigger.
                    Last edited by Heather74; 22-06-2007, 23:35.
                    Heather

Comment

I'd forgotten the Pan horror books, they were creepy, and kool and my nan bought me the Piccalo book of monsters and the Making of Doctor Who, Jon Pertwee as was.

Comment

The Malaory towers set by enid blyton, they were all about a girls boarding school, famous five - used to play that and when i was younger, topsy and tim and peter and jane with the red setter dog.
                        "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I was a precocious reader as a child and started on the classics quite early Jane Eyre and Macbeth b eing favourites.
                          sigpic
                          Mrs Oggy
                          ~~~*~~~*~~~
                          Count your friends amongst the stars....
                          And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
                            I remember at primary school reading something like "Three Pirates" books. These were split up into Red, Green and Blue Pirates stories I think.
                            Also I vaguely remember a book with a Golden Griffin on the front. I think we read through these stories at our own pace.
                            Anyone else remember these?
                            OMG!!!!!!! yeah i remember these can you remember the pirates names, Roderick the Red Pirate, Gregory the Green Pirate and Peter the Blue Pirate.

Do any of you remember the Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston books where you had to make desicions on what to do next and turn to that page to see if the spider ate you or you managed to run away from it. Deathtrap Dungeon was one of the titles i know of can you think of any others??
                            Last edited by BeetleBug; 12-02-2007, 21:32.

Comment

Yep i had a few of those before i got a computer, seemed fun at the time.

Comment

I used to love reading books about volcanoes and natural disasters when I was a kid .... was that normal?? lol
                                Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Working...
                                X