Whistling Plastic Pipe Length!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling Plastic Pipe Length!

Who remembers a length of pastel coloured convoluted (thats ribbed) plastic pipe that you whirled about your head and it let out a wooo wooooing noise!

Was it called a SONAR or something? I nearly took my mates head off!

Re: Whistling Plastic Pipe Length!

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ghlight=whirly
    Heather

Comment

Everyone says 80's toy - but i know it was about 1974'ish, still gonna pop away at the name sonar! Would love another, perhaps i could take the pipe off the hoover and wazz it round in the back yard now!!

Bit cold though! Cheers!

Comment

A lot of kids (at the time) assume things were new to them only. I know I was guilty of it, it was only after joining DYR I realised things were much older than I thought.
        That goes for many things toys,sweets and even clothes!
        AND this goes for kids today many of the toys now are just some sort of spin on toys I had.
        Heather

Comment

Yes, everything is kind of revamped in the materials availableto them in the respective era.

Comment

I think my kids would think they were being poisoned if I told them the curly wurly they just eat was older than me
            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
              Everyone says 80's toy - but i know it was about 1974'ish, still gonna pop away at the name sonar! Would love another, perhaps i could take the pipe off the hoover and wazz it round in the back yard now!!

Bit cold though! Cheers!
              You're right. I had one around 1974. Can't remember it having a name though.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I can push that back significantly before 1974. My brother and I had one each bought at Hamleys well before I went to university, which was '74. 1970, possibly.
                It was one of the "feature" toys in the front lobby.

(Along with that other regular, "Magic Plastic" (balloon-stuff) which dates back to [unmentionable] but is still around. [arrgh! unmentionable for the last ten years, too!] )
                "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Working...
                X