No announcement yet.

Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not alone there Aidan, I think most blokes had a crush on her, I just loved the band as a whole although my favourite bands were the Specials and the Jam (because I adore Paul Weller)

Comment

Which group did you like, and why?

I liked the Jam, they were the first band I saw and it was at The Rainbow in Finsbury Park 1980. So much power for a 3 piece band. I loved the Specials and saw them too, but I could have done without the huge skinhead punch up that erupted halfway through.

Comment

Bad Manners were the best watched them in 82 first band I saw live and have seen them loads of times since. Went to one concert in Gold Diggers Chippenham and students (who only new Buster as a fat bloke with no hair) were coming up to me and asking for my autograph and kisses. Of course I went along with it as I am a skinhead who is on the larger side of plump. Did get a slap round the face by some eagle eyed girl who I had earlier given an autograph to and kiss who noticed me by the stage while Buster was on it. But it was worth it.

Comment

I grew up listening to Classic Rock because of my parents, like Heart, Springsteen, Boston, etc. My first cassette was Motley Crue-Theatre of Pain, then the fads began, for me anyway. Everything was about New Kids on the Block. All the girls, and some of the guys had favorites. Mine was Jordan Knight. My sister liked Joey McIntyre.

Comment

I grew up listening to music like Bob Dylan,The Beach Boys,The Stones(that's what my parents were listening to in the 80s..and still are today).Then when I was about 11 or 12 I got really into Black Sabbath,Led Zeppelin,Deep Purple,AC/DC..so, I was a bit of a metal head in the 80s

Comment

I used to like some of those Aussy groups; Men at Work, Midnight Oil and INXS were cool. They had a real raw sound and wrote tunes that they probably thought up while hunting for Crocks in the Outback or all sat round a camp fire with the old guitars ... well, that's my imagery of the tunes anyhow...

Those bands were proper rock 'n' rollers.

The intro to Men at Work's 'Land Down Under', played on the bottles, is top. I played the song with my band and the audience dig that stuff.. nostalgia!

Comment

Cant believe nobody has mentioned SQUEEZE.
                Best band by far.

Comment

adam and the ants i was mental about them ...how sad

Comment

Aussie group Wa Wa Nee was my fave in the mid 80's.... although I still loved them, in the late 80's I became hooked on Bros!!!

When... Will I.... Will I Be Famouuuus? I can't answer... I can't answer thaaaat!

Comment

madness specials bad manners for me

Comment

They were ok, was it 'Take it on the run' ? Liked that one of theres even went so far as to buy the single.

Comment

Re: Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

For me, the best band EVER was and is GO WEST. Their songs just make me feel good.

They were awesome in the 80s and are still going strong today, having just (in December 2006) finished a 30-something date 21st Anniversary Tour of England and Wales.

They still sound excellent live (probably better now than back in the day). Peter Cox's voice just gets better and better.

And the best news is.........they have a brand new album and a live DVD coming out this year!!!!

Trish
                          You break my heart, you bruise my soul, you tear my world apart, and you make me whole

Comment

I saw Go West on an 80's reunion tour, to be honest forgot how good they were, though I did have my moneys worht with Paul Young, Curiosity Killed th cat, Nick heywood, T'Pau, Heaven 17..and my fave, the oh so sexy Kim Wilde yummy.........

Comment

Go West very under-rated group Mr Cox is indeed an excellent singer-King of Wishful Thinking brill track( back to previous thread on lovers tunes)
                              The eyes have it!
                              sigpic

Comment

If we are talking about the 80's , looking back the music was rather cheesey with probably Queen the best of the lot(not my taste though) I rareley play anthing fro that era now. My own fav was a rather obscure band called **** Robin and American band who found limited fame in Europe very Go Westish
                                The eyes have it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X