Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

oops you cant say **** on the forum? rhymes with sock!!
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

Naughty naughty..........well its in the dictionary isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by mentos View Post
        ...I have to admitt...For me it was Backstreet Boys...I guess I was one of those fanatics that you'd see on tv screaming and shouting and fainting...Oh man...the crazy things I've done because my thing for them! Nowadays...I still keep a special place for them in my heart...they remind me of my early adolescence...But taste changed and I've moved on to Blue hahahah...kidding
        i was the exact same way i was OBSSESSED beyond belief with the Backstreet Boys and they do still have a place in my heart and i do still listen to them

i promised myself that some day i would see them in concert and i finally did in 2005

i still have everything BSB every cd released in the US a few singles tshirts stickers posters pictures pens pencils a towel keychains you name it i have it lol

as to answer to the thread Backstreet Boys also im behind my generation but Beach Boys and those bands

Comment

oh also @ the time i loved the spice girls they were my first concert

and from BSB i would still LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet Nick Carter

Comment

I liked the Osmonds and the Bay City Rollers for the usual obvious reasons.

Then I grew up and am now into Mike and the Mechanics, Tomas Ledin (awesome) and John Farnham.
            The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Only one for me, from the 70's and still going now..... Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel

Why , because they was a differant and the music was and is second to none for me
              Last edited by kevpk; 08-08-2011, 20:47.
              WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Steve Harley's a really nice guy. He is intelligent and likeable and as you rightly said, Kev, 'different'.

He did have an 'image' of sorts but he never let it overtake him, he just concentrated on the music.
                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

The O.P asked if we were "Duranie's" - yeahI have to admitt Duran Duran will always have a special place as a fave group I loved from the 1980s 9Rio, Hungy Like The Wolf etc). I think i'd class myself as a "Duranie" but i love their newer stuff loads more like Ordinary world from 1993 - this is one of the best but most sad song's I know - I will always associate it with a Warzone somehow - I guess because of "the papers tell of suffering and grief" as the song say's!!

The odd thing is I once got asked at a festival/regatta type thing in Fleetwood about 10 year''s a-go if I was a "Duranie" as I was desperatly trying to seek out Ordinary World through a CD or Tape or something and the eply I got was not a good one as I was talking about more recent times of the group.. Yeah Duran Duran are a good group but not an excellent but a very good one of the 80s but for me I am and always will be a "Wet" (an abrieviation for Wet Wet Wet fan if anyone wonders). They were the 80s for me, the ultimate rags to riches group too, starting with nothing and do sensationaly well.

I know people can say it about any group, but look at their hits (hit after hit after hit) from 1986 until about 1992 and to me that's not often like with their first few albums you find more than 5 good song's on any tape - even in the 80s which was good for Music Imho. Is their any other mega "Wets" out here on this Forum? If so it'd be great to chat more about your fave song's and who you thought was the best singer. They were all good for me, but it was Marti Pellow who made them, he had the voice, he he was lead singer - he knew the business best out of them all. I dont think that can truly be disputed too heavily regards Marti!

Comment

First band I fell in love with from my own generation was Madness.
                    Also into Adam and the Ants.

Classic pop and rock?. Mum and Dad are big Beatles and Stones fans, so I grew up obsessed with them. And they loved Abba. And the Kinks and the Small Faces. So I listened and fell in love with those three bands.

Growing up I discovered Led Zeppelin, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, Free, Slade, T Rex, Bowie, Yardbirds, Bee Gees, Byrds, Dylan, The Faces, Sex Pistols, Dr Feelgood, The Stooges, the MC5, Neil Young.

Soul......Northern Soul, Otis Redding, James Brown, Aretha, early Barry White, Philly Soul from the 70's.

Dad is a jazz fan (especially Dixieland and ragtime) and a blues fanatic, so since the age of 12 or so I have remained a jazz fan and blues fanatic myself: Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Howlin Wolf, Robert Johnson, Wille Dixon, Elmore James, Son House, Bessie Smith, Skip James, Sonny Boy Williamson....
                    Last edited by ayrshireman; 14-11-2011, 14:32.

Comment

3 of my fave bands are.
                      abba,the bangles,and bananarama.

the songs these 3 bands made are some of the best tunes ever.
                      the videos are great the music us great and i never tire of listening to it.

quite a few songs from these bands have had cover versions.
                      Last edited by darren; 15-11-2011, 02:48.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The only bands I was crazy about in a teeny-bopper way were Bros and New Kids On The Block. After that I never had an allegiance to any group. I liked particular songs rather than bands.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

here u go tricky
                          http://youtu.be/szWkAaD00j0
                          yes i did like them especially this famous bros song.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                          X