Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Group Did You Like, and Why?

So.... where you a Duranie, or a Spandau Fan? Did Culture Club tickle your fancy or something else?

Let us nosy people read your preferences.

FYI..... I was a MASSIVE Duran Duran fan - trying to share my love for John Taylor and Simon Le Bon - I'm loving the new single that they have just released - it actually sounds like some of their original stuff.

TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!
    TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

I was an Adam & the Ants fan from very early on . . . mainly because I thought Adam was yummy and the music was a bit different. My bedroom walls were covered with posters, which are still in the attic at my mum & dad's house. Maybe they're worth a few bob, or maybe not

I then grew up !? and started liking Gary Numan.

Comment

I would have to say the 80's was a Bee Gees era for me. I think it was mostly because women were crazy about the Gibb brothers, and I had two sisters who constantly listened to them. All that high pitch singing I guess became addictive and I soon found myself buying the 45s. After this I got into the Metal (mostly AC/DC) and what we now call classic rock (Rush, Boston, ....)

Just thought ... Bee Gees to AC/DC - how's that for 0 to 60 !!!!

Comment

The first band (well group)that i seriously got into was Take That back in...uuumm...91/92 i think. Couldnt see my bedroom walls for posters n pix of them. I had a huge crush on Gary Barlow lol Then they split and i moved on. These days i listen to the likes of Slipknot,Alice Cooper,Kiss, Rammstein, etc (mix of old n modern there heh). Yeah,quite a change huh.like WayBackBoy said up there,in my case its Take That to Slipknot haha
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

I remember growing up listening to stuff my parents listened to. Old country and golden oldies. My first breath of fresh air, were the kick a** hair bands: Def Leppard, Dokken, Motley Crue, W.A.S.P., Ratt, etc. But then kind of got off the beaten path about '85-'86 and started following R.E.M. of all bands. Saw them more in concert than any other band. Rock On!

Comment

I loved Buster Bloodvessel because of hia crazy on-stage antics. Great example to set for little kids!

Comment

Best band in the world is Duran Duran

Comment

...I have to admitt...For me it was Backstreet Boys...I guess I was one of those fanatics that you'd see on tv screaming and shouting and fainting...Oh man...the crazy things I've done because my thing for them! Nowadays...I still keep a special place for them in my heart...they remind me of my early adolescence...But taste changed and I've moved on to Blue hahahah...kidding
                I Don't Reckon Any Other Sign of Superiority But Kindness - Beethoven

Comment

When I was 15 (1986) I got into both Sonic Youth and The Fall.

I'm very pleased to say that they are still my two favourite bands, and are both still going strong. The FAll's had an LP in November last year and Sonic Youth have got one coming out soon. I'm pretty proud of them both, because in both cases the new stuff is as good and eciting as the older stuff and both bands have a miixture of older and new young fans. Not many bands manage that.

Comment

OMG - too many t remember them all through the years but:
                    Donny Osmond, Bay City Rollers, T Rex, then onto The Who, Pink Floy, Led Zep etc hated most of those cheesey 80's bands like Durans, Spandau Wets etc.
                    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved and attractive body but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'Woo Hoo What a Ride

Comment

oasis r the favourite cos i hav been listenin 2 them since i was 15!!
                      like loads of music tho - stones, happy mondays, stone roses, led zep, pink floyd, metallica, beatles, primal scream, i could go on

Comment

Hey everyone!

This is my first post but already I love the site, takes me back! Well I'm gonna put myself into the firing line here and say 'Bucks Fizz' were my favourite band . The Land Of Make Believe was my first ever single and I was hooked from then on. A lot of people knock them, but I loved their sound and thought Andy Hill's production and harmony sound were great. Saw the reformed group on the Here and Now tour at Newcastle in December 2004 and they stole the show.

Stephen

Comment

My favourite bands when I was at school were Status Quo and Roxy Music. All the girls were either Osmonds or David Cassidy fans, but never both (dunno why?) When I met my (now) wife she was an Osmonds fanatic and I remember taking her to see them at The Rainbow in Finsbury Park (theres devotion for you!!) Must have made some sort of impression 'cos we've been married 24 years. I did eventually get her to like the Quo though and we went to see them 5 times in a week once. I also installed a telephone line at their managers house once and got to see all their gold records, he was a really nice bloke and chatted for ages and gave me some tickets to see John Coghlans Diesel Band at the Marquee (now there was a place!!) Happy Days, it seems so expensive now, I've just spent £180 on 4 tickets for the Red Hot Chili Peppers for my daughter.
                          John

Comment

re

I was a big fan of Eternal
                            I loved their music

Comment

I've always been into all 70s music but Debbie Harry was my first crush in the pop world.
                              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Working...
                              X