Lucky bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky bags

Whatever happened to lucky bags. I used to buy lots of them. Sometimes the toy inside was good usually made of plastic. I also liked buying Flying Saucers,which had sherbet inside. The outside of them tasted like thin cardboard that desolved in your mouth and then the sherbet kicked in.

Re: Lucky bags

These have been discussed before on the forum. You will find them here - https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=Lucky+Bags
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Lucky bags were great! Sometimes you got some really good stuff in them. I still remember getting a black plastic cat in one, about 4" high and with holographic (or the 60's equivalent) eyes. Delighted with it. Along with all the sweets they were a bargain for sixpence.

I've got Flying Saucers in my cupboard at the moment. Sainsbury's sell them. The cardboard shell is much the same but the sherbet isn't as nice.

Comment

They were called 'Jamboree Bags' when I was a kid. There was always a strip of small, round boiled sweets in there, together with a black plastic spider, a lolly of some description, a pencil if you were lucky and not a lot else.
        "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by steveffisher View Post
          They were called 'Jamboree Bags' when I was a kid. There was always a strip of small, round boiled sweets in there, together with a black plastic spider, a lolly of some description, a pencil if you were lucky and not a lot else.
          iUsed to buy them pre decimal times for an old penny and they were decent.Straight after we went decimal they went up(because of the difference in value of a "New"penny.They seemed to have less in too!
          sigpic

Comment

I think they were between three and five pence, then giant ones emerged for ten pence which had a few more sweets inside. And maybe a plastic faux moustache that clipped onto the septum (the bit between your nostrils, fact fans) and cut it badly if you were a bit harsh.
            "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Working...
            X