Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doll with little records that went in the back - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doll with little records that went in the back - help!

When I was little I remember playing with a doll that I had at my grandma's house. She was made of hard plastic, about a foot tall and came with a set of mini records. There was a latch on her back that you opened to put the records in and then I think she 'sang' nursery rhymes and Christmas carols. I remember that the records were transparent and were blue, pink and clear. I'd love to know the name of this doll. This was in the early 80s though I suspect the doll was a hand -me-down from one of my gran's neighbours so she was probably from the 70s. Can anybody help?
    1976 Vintage

Re: Doll with little records that went in the back - help!

Leonora?

Comment

That's brilliant! I'm sure mine had curly hair though, but then again my memory could be playing tricks!
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I have posted about this doll on the forum before Mine was slightly different she too came wavy/curly blonde hair but her records were 3 or four pink and one white( the records although coloured were transparent), the three pink records contained Nursery rhymes and there white one was her talking phrases.
        You also pushed down on her shoulders to make her walk. Think theres a picture on the forum I'll see if I can find her, mine was called Pam but I think thats the name I may have given her.

EDIT....sadly I cant find the picture, I have found two threads that mention her but the one with the pictures seems to have gone

Just re read your OP and I'm sure mine had the blue carols record too.

my post about her

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ords#post66442
        Heather

Comment

I must have had the same one as you Heather. I do remember there was only one 'white' record though I can't remember there being phrases on it- probably because I always played the songs on the other records. My doll never walked either. I think her walking days were over by the time she got passed on to me!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

When i say walked that is a wee bit misleading as she did not walk on her own, as you pushed down on her shoulder her leg would rise up, you more or less manually pushed her along and if you let go she fell to the floor.

I'm sure we had the exact same doll
            Heather

Comment

click to enlarge

Click image for larger version

Name:	!Be!h--wBGk~$(KGrHqEOKiEEq4GJ0fw!BK7eOjYpGQ~~_35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	259525Click image for larger version

Name:	!Be!h1VQBWk~$(KGrHqMOKikEq4123j8VBK7eORD4+g~~_35.jpg
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	259524Click image for larger version

Name:	!Be!hw3g!2k~$(KGrHqEOKicEq3-Zi1bHBK7eOIJfrQ~~_35.jpg
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	259523

Its a very long time ago but if this is not her its damned close.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-PALITO...item4a9bea420c
              Attached Files
              Heather

Comment

Yep, this it the one! As for the walking, I'm not sure I ever tried to make her walk like that. Perhaps I was unaware of her hidden talents!
                1976 Vintage

Comment

LOL she wasn't very good at it, think I gave up trying More effort than it was worth.
                  Heather

Comment

The doll you are talking about, and is pictured was actually called Alice, by Palitoy in 1972, on the box it said Alice"s adventures in Wonderland. There are very few still around in mint condition with the records intact, so I am told they are worth quite a bit to a collector, they do show up occasionally on ebay, but people do not advertise them by name,and there are many similar dolls of the same era, so it can be confusing , I myself had one as a child and I'm on the lookout for one, so hope this helps everyone.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise the doll posted by sixty was Alice in Wonderland. Suppose the black alice band was a clue lol
                      Heather

Comment

I still have my doll with the original clothes and the white record (plays the phrases). I think it just mumbles now as a battery leaked. I have often looked to see what sort of doll it was. The photo in the 2nd or 3rd post looks a little different, I think mine is more taller. If it's worth a bit I think I will take if back off my 5 year old lol

Comment

Since we first posted about these dolls I've seen a few different ones come up on Ebay, all slightly different shapes and sizes, but along the same lines

Here's a few
                          Heather

Comment

Heather

Comment

I have one of these dolls too. Mine was in my parent's attic until recently. I've taken her down now and I'm in the process of trying to ger her cleaned up a bit! I thought I remembered calling her Pam too when I was a child. I would have been given her in the early 80's by Santa! I can remember the Christmas I received her as I also got a pram that year and I was so excited!

I'd love to know what her proper name and make is. I'll post some photos of her when I get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X