Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nike jackets

Default Re: nike jackets

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    Did anyone have a nike jacket in the early 80's? They were really thin with a hood and they were two colours top and bottom? I had a blue and grey one?
    Still got my dark blue / light blue one which I bought around 1984 somewhere. Can still remember wearing it during snow like we had last week!

Quote Originally Posted by agfagaevart View Post
    Still got my dark blue / light blue one which I bought around 1984 somewhere. Can still remember wearing it during snow like we had last week!
    Cool mate - u shopuld show a pic of it (if you wanted) it'd be nice to see (well great actually) to compare a real-life 80s version to today's effort and see if I ccan be corrected that they are better made these days!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    Cool mate - u shopuld show a pic of it (if you wanted) it'd be nice to see (well great actually) to compare a real-life 80s version to today's effort and see if I ccan be corrected that they are better made these days!!

80sChav
    Unfortunately that isn't possible because they don't make them anymore.
    In fact, they haven't made them for a long time.
    There are quite a few similarish looking Nike jackets, but the proper ones haven't been made for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonEyeX View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't possible because they don't make them anymore.
    In fact, they haven't made them for a long time.
    There are quite a few similarish looking Nike jackets, but the proper ones haven't been made for decades.
    Sorry Demon - I think you have got a little lost in the thread , as it appeared to me that agfagaevart has/or had one in the 80s

If he/she was wiling to share even an 80s picture regardless of if they make them now or not, this'd of helped me, hopefully draw comparisons with the modern day versions. Sorryagain for any confusion

80sChav

Found a picture of me in mine, possibly around 1985...

I believe that was the car park near Neptune's Palace in Caister Ladbrokes Holiday Camp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nike.jpg  

This looks ace Mullentino - you obviously know and knew taste

When I foirst took to liking these type of Windrunners - they was'nt cool/in at that time .... otherwise, yeah I'd of worn mine 24/7 , eg to the Park. for Footy, School anywhere lol

80sChav

Cheers dude!

I believe the rest of that ensemble was an original sky blue Adidas Tshirt with dark blue stripes, Grey Jumbo Chords and Reebok Royale trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Cheers dude!

I believe the rest of that ensemble was an original sky blue Adidas Tshirt with dark blue stripes, Grey Jumbo Chords and Reebok Royale trainers.
    It's a pleasure amte!

if ever it was added (as I had mentioned to heather/HG about reps on here) I'd give you reps too. You obviously know style (as well as in conjunction with what other styles/what else we have chatted about), which goes "hand in hand" I thinkk!! Now I can see where you can get the name from - from your Windrunner pixy mate!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Found a picture of me in mine, possibly around 1985...

I believe that was the car park near Neptune's Palace in Caister Ladbrokes Holiday Camp.
    I think I have at least 1 like here - very similar Mulletino ...

Upon reeading your reply here I nearly mistook it for Lassiters in erinsborough I don't know why though not Ladbrokes Holiday Camp

Thankfuly as much as as my collection is ever growing (of said Windrunners) I am proud to say they are onbe of (if not the 1 greatest invention) of clothing of the last 30/35 to 40 years and i am so glad they got "in the race" as it was to be a light-raincoat

If only I knew if there was a "Tribute Site/Forum" to/for them - but I don't think there is ..... but as well as them being a very popular lasting trend, they have matured like a Golden Wine I think - to become better than ever now - which not many clothing Garments can do I think!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    Did anyone have a nike jacket in the early 80's? They were really thin with a hood and they were two colours top and bottom? I had a blue and grey one?
    I had a few, though have many more now and even though my Mum thinks I'm crazy - I own a prestime collection I'd never wear out of doors and never in the rain lol

80sChav