Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nike jackets

This looks ace Mullentino - you obviously know and knew taste

When I first took to liking these type of Windrunners - they was'nt cool/in at that time .... otherwise, yeah I'd of worn mine 24/7 , eg to the Park. for Footy, School anywhere lol

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 10-01-2021, 14:34.

Comment

Cheers dude!

I believe the rest of that ensemble was an original sky blue Adidas Tshirt with dark blue stripes, Grey Jumbo Chords and Reebok Royale trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
        Cheers dude!

I believe the rest of that ensemble was an original sky blue Adidas Tshirt with dark blue stripes, Grey Jumbo Chords and Reebok Royale trainers.
        It's a pleasure amte!

if ever it was added (as I had mentioned to heather/HG about reps on here) I'd give you reps too. You obviously know style (as well as in conjunction with what other styles/what else we have chatted about), which goes "hand in hand" I thinkk!! Now I can see where you can get the name from - from your Windrunner pixy mate!

80sChav

Comment

Found a picture of me in mine, possibly around 1985...

I believe that was the car park near Neptune's Palace in Caister Ladbrokes Holiday Camp.
          I think I have at least 1 like here - very similar Mulletino ...

Upon reeading your reply here I nearly mistook it for Lassiters in erinsborough I don't know why though not Ladbrokes Holiday Camp

Thankfuly as much as as my collection is ever growing (of said Windrunners) I am proud to say they are onbe of (if not the 1 greatest invention) of clothing of the last 30/35 to 40 years and i am so glad they got "in the race" as it was to be a light-raincoat

If only I knew if there was a "Tribute Site/Forum" to/for them - but I don't think there is ..... but as well as them being a very popular lasting trend, they have matured like a Golden Wine I think - to become better than ever now - which not many clothing Garments can do I think!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by nickster View Post
            Did anyone have a nike jacket in the early 80's? They were really thin with a hood and they were two colours top and bottom? I had a blue and grey one?
            I had a few, though have many more now and even though my Mum thinks I'm crazy - I own a prestime collection I'd never wear out of doors and never in the rain lol

80sChav

Comment

Cheers dude!

Now it is a White T-Shirt or a white designed one like an Henley's/Bench and Grey Joggers and PW Trainers like say Stan Smiths at the worst/least Muletino mate

Comment

If anone had any pictures of your new ones you wanted to share to compare with the original versions - that'd be well ace I think as to me the Windrunners - not just Nike are the only product I think is better than the original from "back in the day"

Considering too middle aged guys wear them (as I sense they did in their youth) what a flavour it'd add to this thread (if there is any fans out there) willing to show comparisons!

80sChav

Comment

Does anyone else have an appreciation of these "said" Nike windrunners or any Windrunners?

If so it'd be great to create a seperate appreciation thread if was okay by Heather, HG etc. What do you guy's think?

I'd love to see such an "Appreciation Thread" as to/for me Windrunners are the one static that has excelled itself better being re-invented from the 80s etc - which can be said for near on no remakes of things!

Thanks
                  80sChav

Comment

Found a picture of me in mine, possibly around 1985...

I believe that was the car park near Neptune's Palace in Caister Ladbrokes Holiday Camp.
                    I bet like Mulletino mate you often swapped your Blazer for this beauty at schoiol hey mate, yea??!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                      I bet like Mulletino mate you often swapped your Blazer for this beauty at schoiol hey mate, yea??!

80sChav
                      Luckily our school uniform didn't have blazers, just jumpers/cardigans so I wore this beauty every day, even in cold winters where i'd be freezing but stylish.

Comment

Luckily our school uniform didn't have blazers, just jumpers/cardigans so I wore this beauty every day, even in cold winters where i'd be freezing but stylish.
                        Your right Mulletino, but my first one did and the 2nd one made us wear V Neck Jumpers in their place ..... either way I'd of worn mine instead of the Blazer, not as the first school was strict over the Blazer ......

As for wearing it all weathers - so, so true indeed mate! As I said above if it is ok but HG, Heather etc I am going to create a serious dedication thread to the Windrunners here, I can see you appreciate them in the same vain as me - which spells out their fascination and interest in them - even now I think!!

80sChav

Comment

Hi Mulletino
                          I went to my Local 2nd Hand Market Today (Tues, UK Time) as I have started going again recently due to a stall that sells Sportswear I had stopped going to and nearly dropped on an amazing little "nnumber of a Windrunner" (Strawberry Red it was) but sadly it did'nt fit

It almost took me back to mr College Days - upon studying Sports in my early 20s and we had to wear College Branded Kit (including Windrunner/Trakkie Top)!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                          X