• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Morning

This Morning
    Richard and Judy presented the show from
    October 1988 to July 2001,
    At this time the show was very popular attracting around two million viewers daily.
    they were the King and Queen of daytime TV

Originally the show was broadcast from Liverpool, but for the beginning of the Autumn 1996 series it was relocated to LWT's Riverside Television Centre (Now the London studios)
    You d think that... being located in London ..... a celeb and media hive.........
    that the show would have become hotter, with more exotic guests and international
    stars too......... but no, it became more bland and consumer orientated ( another word
    for boring )
    But Richard and Judy ruled during the 90s and had a peach of a job,
    interviewing Top Celebs and pop stars day after day.... week after week
    ( many of them flown in from London ! )
    It was often quality , magazine Television.......... ( I wonder how much of their
    work has made it to the Granada archives ? )

Re: This Morning

I remember walking behind them at the Albert Dock in 1994, there was a security guard making sure we moved along & didn't linger.

I also got to see Fred Talbot jumping about on the weather map.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Richard was a 40 a day fag man back then, hes since been able to kick the habit.

Comment

I found them to be rather poor as presenters and dull to say the least,on the other hand I would like to see Johnny Vaughn and Denise Van Outen back on the box,Im may then get out of bed before midday.
        Frame.
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I liked Denise & Johnny when they were on The Big Breakfast, the last really good presentation team on it.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I actually like philip and holly presenting it.
            I always liked philip from his time doing childrens tv on bbc 1 as well as l and k and going live.

I think he is a good laugh.
            Holly is a great laugh too i think they are less serious more fun than others who have done the show, fern,rich and judy.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When This Morning started and Richard and Judy hosted it for years - this really was "the story of my life" and good quality TV Programmes before TV went down the pan with Reality Shows. This Morning was a class act years a-head that did what things like the One Show try to do now in half an hour but to not much avail. Though I wasn't overly keen on Terry Wogan it was similar with Wogan in an a way - 3 nights a week that was just class viewing too with the right guests etc on -ideas and programmes like so can never be re-made or copied as they where originally I think!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
              X