Sekiden Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sekiden Gun

Hours upon hours of fun, with these guns fired plastic pellets as fast as you could pull the trigger, It had a sliding opening on the top where you poured the pellets in then it was all out fast pace gun fight action...................then about half an hour going round picking up as many pellets as you could...well they cost hard earned pocket money

Yep class toy, went through a few a these. Pellets cost 6p a bag up my way, so they were definitely hunted for. Think it was modelled on a German WWII luger.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Sekiden gun was modelled on a Walther PPK. Fired silver plastic painted balls, Seem to remember "Sekiden running shoots" (not shots) embossed on gun???

Clive.

Comment

Yeah, I remember them! They were pretty cool. I can't remember how much mine was cos my mum surely must have bought it. I've just seen an ad for one on the web for £30 though, with picture. A lot cheaper than Airsoft! It wasn't modelled on a Luger, because I had a toy Luger cap gun, which had a longer thinner barrel. Does look like a PPK a bit. Enjoy...

www.mollymo.plus.com/sekiden/

Comment

Re: Sekiden Gun

I have a quantity of Sekiden auto-matic Silver King shots. The red boxes are maked 50 shots size MM68.
          Is there a market for these?
          Fisherjohn

Comment

My cousin had one of these, and we spent a fair bit of time at target practice.
            Odd thing (if my memory has not cracked up): the plastic BB's came out from *under* the barrel which, with the breech, was full of pellets. This made for tricky sighting on very small targets at short ranges.

(should I mention 25mm Airfix plastic soldiers, here?)
            "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

We used hard dried peas for ammo .. much cheaper than buying the silver balls.

Comment

couldn't afford the little golden ammunition - we used maple peas from the local pet shop -or the nearest pigeon fancier! same size but infinitely cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                  We used hard dried peas for ammo .. much cheaper than buying the silver balls.
                  Yes, so did we - my brother and I used to get them from the Co-Op. We had several sekerden guns - a later model had a horizontal drum magazine which clipped on the top. This allowed you to go much longer between reloads. We used to hide in the bushes in the front garden and fire at passing cars.....until some woman drove past with her passenger window open, she didn't take kindly to being hit with a dried pea. She stopped and complained and my dad confiscated our guns. He hid them in his sock drawer - he always used the same place for confiscated toys so as soon as he and mum went out (this was in the 60's before the Nanny State made it illegal to leave your kids at home) we'd get them out, play with them and then put them back before they got home!

Comment

I think the Sekidens came out at the same time as the James Bond films - so me and my mates were all licensed to kill. I made a shoulder holster for mine.
                    We all had Sekidens in our class at school, and when the teacher turned his back - the distinctive springy sound of several Sekidens firing and the swots had scores of pigeon peas bouncing off the back of their heads. We also took them to the pictures on Saturday afternoons. The manager used to stop the film and go crazy at us as the peas were flying through the projector light like fireflies from the Sekidens and pea-shooters. My school blazer pockets used to bulge like a window cleaners jacket because it was filled with pigeon pea ammo for my trusty Sekiden. I used to go to sleep with it under my pillow.
                    I also drank Vimto - shaken, not stirred. Never managed an Aston Martin though.
                    Last edited by alshut; 05-10-2009, 22:38.

Comment

FOR SALE
                      SEKIDEN GUNS - part of a box of 12 so they're not individually wrapped
                      Complete with ammo although dried peas also work (as many of us know)
                      £29.99 incl postage

robert.norton5@btinternet.com

Comment

These are on eBay £30 each

Comment

Working...
                        X