Adam Adamant Lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Adamant Lives!

Does anyone remember Adam Adamant Lives!

I was too young to remember it but i got the dvd yesterday.
    I have only watched the first episode. its a great idea but its comes across as a bit strange and awkward. Need to watch more.
    Made by the creative team behind Dr Who in 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Adamant_Lives!

Adam Adamant Lives! was a British television series which ran from 1966 to 1967 on the BBC. Proposing that an adventurer born in 1867 had been revived from hibernation in 1966, the show was a comedy adventure that took a satirical look at life in the 1960s through the eyes of a Victorian (Adamant vanished in 1902 when Edward VII had been on the throne just one year).
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Re: Adam Adamant Lives!

I'll let it slip this time but 70's-90's please
    Heather

Comment

Yes Adam Adamant is very 1960's isnt it?

Comment

Oops sorry about that!
        My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

However Gerald Harper who starred in Adam Adamant DID go on the make the Hadleigh series in the 1970s! There is a Hadleigh clip on youtube and the clothes and furnishings are very evocative of the marvellous 1970s!

Comment

I was tempted to buy the DVD box, but the one episode I really wanted to see again isn't included. I remember it terrified me as a young boy. A tube train full of people is seen entering the tunnel and when the train comes out of the tunnel at the next station, they've all turned into skeletons. I think the master tapes were wiped of that episode and so I'll never be able to see it, 40 years on, it really was that scary :-(

Comment

Working...
            X