Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien boxes that you could float on (!)...random 80s kids sci-fi

been driving me mad for years...
    cant remember anything other than a group of kids in a basement putting 3D models of cubes and spheres and pyramids together. The shapes then light up and one of the kids is able to float over the top of it. A man (presumably the dad) comes in carrying tray of food and drink for the kids, and when he see's the kid floating in the air he drops the tray. It might not be, but I think the dad is possibly leslie schofield, although ive looked at his past work on IMDB and its not there. To be honest, cant even remember if it was bbc or itv...sure it was during the after school program 330 til 5pm though.

Its not children of the dog star, and I dont think its chocky. Grrrrrrr, its so frustrating, i can see it in my minds eye now....

Re: alien boxes that you could float on (!)...random 80s kids sci-fi

i think its chockys challenge, the 3rd series in chockys adventures. the first was best, the 2nd started to drag and the 3rd neglected matthew for 90% of the series..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5iDKkmlz8

check around the 6min 30 mark...

Comment

oh thank you thank you thank you!!! just had a 10 minute wander down memory lane....isnt it random what you dredge up from your childhood (a depressingly long time ago!)? I am truly grateful, you have given me the biggest smile Wasn't sure it was chocky but it's flooding back now. Always found John Wyndham's writing a bit laborious to read, but between this and those triffids (inspiring a phobia of sunflowers that remains to this day) his work accounts for much of my hazy memories pre 8 years old. I never thought I'd find that program again, you are a star!

Comment

Not a problem, it rang a bell as id only recently watched them all on you tube and that part stuck in my head too so just to make sure i rechecked my files. Another excellent series if you havent seen it is called "children of the stones". it has the creepiest soundtrack ever...its worth a watch just to remember they dont make them like this anymore, i had a warm glow watching them buy an ice cream in the post office that the ice cream came ready wrapped...

Comment

hi RetroAEROSMITH
          watched "children of the stones" on dvd recently. excellent series. havent seen it since it first aired in 1979 (i think).
          I love that scene in the shop. i freeze framed it so i could take a look at the items. i even remember some of those paperback covers on the stand.
          btw, theres an episode of Grange hill (1st series) where the girls go shop lifting and its a wonderful trip back to 1977.
          My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Working...
          X