Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's lunchtime tv programmes - can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70's lunchtime tv programmes - can you help?

I've seen Witches Brew mentioned on line,but dont remember it myself.

It was 1972/1973(19 episodes) the part of The Witch was played by Audrey Jeans. The only other person who gets a mention is Peter Goodwright who did 'voices'

Can you tell us what you remember about it Lilacmoon? (Love the username btw)
    Heather

Comment

michael bentine's potty time.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
        michael bentine's potty time.
        That wasn't lunchtimes, though.

Lunch was the domain of Rainbow, Pipkins, Paperplay, Handful of Songs, Jamie and Magic Torch etc. on ITV before your Mum watched The Sullivans and the Watch With Mother slot at 1.45 on the Beeb, after Pebble Mill.

Some of the weirder ones I remember seeing were Moschops (floppy, stop-motion dinos) and definitely Animal Kwackers (Rory, Rory tell us a story, Rory, Rory, tell us how it is!).

Comment

I remember Lets Pretend on at lunchtimes too, there was also a programme with beryl reid and spacecat, also some bloke who read a story sitting by or on a tree stump,
          erm...tickle on the tum.
          Then there was the bbc2 slot around the 2pm mark which showed stuff like Bertha,pigeon street,bod etc.

Comment

A good disc to look out for if you want to relive 1970s ITV lunchtimes - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Look-Back-70...4918462&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
              I remember Lets Pretend on at lunchtimes too, there was also a programme with beryl reid and spacecat, also some bloke who read a story sitting by or on a tree stump.
              That was Get Up and Go (later Mooncat & Co.) and the other one was probably Tell Me a Story (with Christopher Lillicrap).

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                I've seen Witches Brew mentioned on line,but dont remember it myself.

It was 1972/1973(19 episodes) the part of The Witch was played by Audrey Jeans. The only other person who gets a mention is Peter Goodwright who did 'voices'

Can you tell us what you remember about it Lilacmoon? (Love the username btw)
                Hi Heather, I can't remember very much except I recall she (Audrey Jones?) was a kind witch most of the time, but on one episode she was a bad one, and the spell she made in the big pot terrified me!

I must have been only 3 yrs old, and I don't think Mum let me watch it again, LOL! It must have scared me for life!!!!

Btw: Lilacmoon is just the name of our business www.lilacmoonphotography.co.uk btw, glad you like it!

Comment

Originally Posted by RetroAEROSMITH
                  I remember Lets Pretend on at lunchtimes too, there was also a programme with beryl reid and spacecat, also some bloke who read a story sitting by or on a tree stump.

The sitting on a tree stump one sounds like Once upon a time and had Peter Davidson and later on a bloke called Mark something reading storys in it, it used to be on Tuesday dinnertimes at 12 just before Rainbow.

I dont remember Tell me a story with Christopher Lillicrap but i remember one he did called Flix he did that was always on at dinnertimes in the early 80s it used to have very poor and cheaply made foreign animation in it.

Comment

I remember the Storytime programme with the tree stump. The presenter would make a picture from the story using coloured shapes.

There was also a small band in the studio playing some music when needed in the story.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mr Trimble and Alastair in songland were also on in the lunchtime slot on ITV.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Other lunchtime programs:
                        Fingerbobs
                        Camberwick Green etc
                        Bagpuss
                        Paperplay
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                          That wasn't lunchtimes, though.

Lunch was the domain of Rainbow, Pipkins, Paperplay, Handful of Songs, Jamie and Magic Torch etc. on ITV before your Mum watched The Sullivans and the Watch With Mother slot at 1.45 on the Beeb, after Pebble Mill.

Some of the weirder ones I remember seeing were Moschops (floppy, stop-motion dinos) and definitely Animal Kwackers (Rory, Rory tell us a story, Rory, Rory, tell us how it is!).
                          When i was 8 i came home from school and it was on the tv so work that one out?I remember it clearly...Unless it was a repeat?(1973)
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess it could have been a repeat. Potty Time was definitely a 4.25 after school on ITV sort of programme. Now you've made me doubt myself

Edit - because I'm bored I googled around. In '73 Potty Time was, during the Xmas hols, repeated at 12.25 in the afternoon. Maybe you saw it then?

Comment

I have a memory of my mother leaving me on the sofa on my own(I hope my dad was in bed, he worked shifts). My feet barely reached the end of the cushion. She was saying that 'Romper room' was on when the big hand was at the 6 and the little hand on the 12. I remember lots of programs mentioned. A handful of songs, Pipkins, Rainbow etc. Anyone remember 'Picture Box'...think that used to be on near enough lunchtime..
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD7NKTMk10w

Comment

I remember picture box especially the music,but I think it was on as a schools programme.

Comment

Working...
                                X