Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's lunchtime tv programmes - can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's lunchtime tv programmes - can you help?

A huge part of my wonderful memories are the children tv programmes that were shown at lunchtime in the seventies.
    We all remember Rainbow, Stepping stones and Pipkins but there were many other great shows.

Please can somebody help me, I've got in the head a picture of the end credits going up to the same music that was used for the theme to the sitcom 'In Loving memory' played on some bass instrument maybe an oboe etc. The programme was about 2 gnomes that lived in the woods.

Just for fun, here are some others I also remember:
    Mooncat
    Oscar the rabbit
    Chortle and the wheelies
    Teddy Edwards
    Animal Kwackers
    Bod (and aberto frog and his amazing animal band - 'I'll think I'll have strawberry')

These programmes hold so many dear memories, my sister would be off at school for the day and I would have the house to myself (of course my mum was there!)

Of course there was also the other great TV slot which was the last 5 minutes of the day on BBC before the news:
    Ivor the engine
    Rhubarb and Custard
    Noah & Nelly ('All aboard the skylark')

I can't stop now I've got going - feel free to add more old greats for me to remember that fit these slots but please somebody help me with my actual question.
    sigpic

Re: 70's lunchtime tv programmes - can you help?

Pogles wood?http://www.pogleswood.org/
    Heather

Comment

Thanks for the reply but alas no this is not it (and a little before my time i'm afraid)
      I don't think the programme was puppets.
      sigpic

Comment

http://www.mctowers.pwp.blueyonder.c...lus/paulus.htm

With your username.. check out Paulus

Comment

The was also David the Garden Gnome but that was later in the 80's
          Heather

Comment

Sorry the links still aren't ringing any bells
            sigpic

Comment

80's I know, but Chish & Fips?

Comment

Theme tune to In Loving Memory http://www.televisiontunes.com/In_Loving_Memory.html might jog someone's memory.

Comment

I am right in thinking it was a cartoon not live action?
                  Heather

Comment

Yes I think it was cartoon.

I do remember that while the credits were going up and the music playing there was a picture of the woods with maybe a little path going through the middle
                    sigpic

Comment

It was Baldmoney, Sneezewort, Dodder and Cloudberry. Which was adapted from the book The Little Grey Men by Denys Watkins-Pitchford, writing under the pseudonym “BB”. It was made by Anglia Television in 1975.

Comment

Is this a definite answer? Do you remember it too?
                        I've tried to google your reply but it doesn't come up with much for the TV show.
                        All I seem to remember is that I thought the music was the same as "In loving memory" or come to think of it perhaps "Nosybonk's theme" from Jigsaw which after digging around is a piece of music called "A hippo called Hubert". In my mind the 2 pieces blend into each other!

Anyway if this is the answer thank you very much, but alas it still isn't ringing any more bells for me.
                        However the date may be correct I would have been 4 and so my memory from then not that brilliant.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                          ...All I seem to remember is that I thought the music was the same as "In loving memory"...
                          I am a bit of a TV theme buff and all I can really add is to say with confidence that the theme to 'In Loving Memory' is definitely the same as the one to 'Baldmoney, Sneezewort...' I liked the series a lot and rceall it as a series of very simple drawn images.

Comment

Thank you very much, this is some very vague memory that I've had all my life but not been able to put anything to.
                            Wow I'm so glad that I got the theme music correct, the mind it a very strange thing to hold these imprints.
                            Anyway problem solved, thanks to all who tried to help.
                            I've got to say I find this web-site fantastic and have become a bit of an addict.
                            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone remember a programme called 'Witches Brew' from around 73-74ish? Not sure if it was lunctime or early afternoon but it was on ITV and scared the hell out of me?

Comment

Working...
                              X