Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone else have a childhood like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did anyone else have a childhood like this?

Weekly comic - spin off from the Beano - Plug and anything like Whizzer & chips
    Favourite crisps - Fangs, bats and bones.
    Favourite TV show - Swap shop and Tiswas
    Fav sweets - Pacers, spangles, banjo (Banjo, Banjo, Banjo is brand new. with a light and crispy wafer and a roast nut flavour too)
    Fav drink - Quattro (and I seem to remember my nan making up a powdered orange juice maybe by Birds which in later years I was reminded of when tasting Sunny delight)
    Fav toy - of course the big 5 - plasacine, lego, scalectrix, horny and meccano AND my skateboard
    Fav film - ET and Grease (due to my sisters influence)
    Fav gadget - my binatone walkman (couldn't afford sony)
    Fav pastime - playing in the street with my mates, going off for hours without my parents worrying where I was.

Other memories from my childhood.
    The invention of Video libraries, and owners who didn't care that they were renting out driller killer and the texas chainsaw massacre to 5 ten year old boys!
    sigpic

Re: did anyone else have a childhood like this?

Excellent thread.
    Weekly comic - Warlord, Marvel, Look=in, Star wars and usually a DC super hero one.
    Fav crisps - Smiths S & V. Also liked Wigwams, horror bags, chipitos.
    Fav TV - Six million dollar man
    Fav sweets - Arrow bars, hobo chews, double agents
    Fav drink - top deck shandy
    Fav toy - Action man, Dinky, Corgi
    Fav film - Star Wars
    Fav gadget - Ferguson record player
    Fav pastime - Cinema. Went at least once a week.

Other memories - that could be a whole new thread.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Weekly comic - Buster, The Beano, Look-in.
      Fav crisps - Monster Munch (Sizzling Bacon flavour).
      Fav TV - The A-Team, Thundercats, Danger Mouse, Thunderbirds.
      Fav sweets - Milky Way, Animal Bar
      Fav drink - Um Bongo.
      Fav toy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters, Thunderbirds models & Tracy Island.
      Fav film - Ghostbusters, Gremlins.
      Fav gadget - Kisho tape recorder (later Sega Mega Drive)
      Other memories - My mum lifting me up to see the eels in the pie and mash shop.

Comment

Weekly comic - Beezer, 2000ad
        Favourite crisps - Rancheros, Football Crazys
        Favourite TV show - Why Don't You, Swap shop
        Fav sweets - Splicer, tuti fruti's, Golden cup
        Fav drink - Cremola Foam, Foam Cresta ( it's real Frothy Maannnn )
        Fav toy - Action Man, Lego, corgi/dinky cars
        Fav film - War of the Worlds, It came from outer Space, Night of the Demon
        Fav gadget - Binatone console, video player ( so I could watch all the video nasties b4 they were banned )
        Fav pastime - Trekking for miles and Miles on our Bikes with my mates, losing track of time only to return home to cold sunday lunches and my parents worrying where the ell I was
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Weekly comic - Mickey Mouse, Bullet, Look-in
          Favourite crisps - All-Stars, UFO's, Ringo's
          Favourite TV show - Tomorrow People
          Fav sweets - Spangles, Lucky Dip bags, Cola Cubes, Banana + Shrimps, Toffo's, Galaxy Counters
          Fav drink - Tab, Ice Cream Soda, Rodwell's Orange-ade
          Fav toy - Bike (oh, the freedom it gave me), Evel Knieval Super Cycle, PowerTrack, BigTrak, Corgi/Dinky cars + garage
          Fav film - Aristocats, Grease
          Fav gadget - Six Million Dollar Man crystal radio backpack, digital watch with calculator (wore it high up on my arm so that nobody knew I had one)
          Fav pastime - playing in the street, playing with my toys, riding my bike, reading comic + books

Delivering milk from an early age, buying a ZX81 and spending all day typing in BASIC code, not getting a ZX Spectrum for Christmas, getting a ZX Spectrum for my birthday

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
            Weekly comic - spin off from the Beano - Plug and anything like Whizzer & chips
            Favourite crisps - Fangs, bats and bones.
            Favourite TV show - Swap shop and Tiswas
            Fav sweets - Pacers, spangles, banjo (Banjo, Banjo, Banjo is brand new. with a light and crispy wafer and a roast nut flavour too)
            Fav drink - Quattro (and I seem to remember my nan making up a powdered orange juice maybe by Birds which in later years I was reminded of when tasting Sunny delight)
            Fav toy - of course the big 5 - plasacine, lego, scalectrix, horny and meccano AND my skateboard
            Fav film - ET and Grease (due to my sisters influence)
            Fav gadget - my binatone walkman (couldn't afford sony)
            Fav pastime - playing in the street with my mates, going off for hours without my parents worrying where I was.

The invention of Video libraries, and owners who didn't care that they were renting out driller killer and the texas chainsaw massacre to 5 ten year old boys!
            When Star Video opened they were charging £30-00 membership but strange was the rentals £1 per tape for 2 weeks?
            sigpic

Comment

Weekly comic - Star Wars Weekly, Nutty
              Favourite crisps - Horror Bags
              Favourite TV show - UFO, Thunderbirds, Oliver Postgate films
              Fav sweets - Sherbert Strawberries
              Fav drink - Calypso (juice drink in waxed triangular container with straw)
              Fav toy - Speak & Spell or Thomas Salter chemistry set
              Fav film - Close Encounters of the Third Kind
              Fav gadget - Casio CQ-1 Computer Quartz (look it up - it's a beauty!)
              Fav pastime - Building 12-foot long go-karts with my mates
              "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Weekly comic - Star Wars Weekly, Buster, Whoopee
                Favourite crisps - Horror Bags!!! I remember them - loved them too.
                Favourite TV show - Six Million Dollar Man, Doctor Who, Whacky Races
                Fav sweets - Bazooka Joe bubble gum
                Fav drink - Space Pop (Green)
                Fav toy - Action Man
                Fav film - Star Wars
                Fav gadget - The telly
                Fav pastime - Bombing about on my Raleigh Chopper (with added card "clacker" on spokes)

Comment

Weekly comic - Princess Tina
                  Fave crisps - Salt n Shake
                  Fave TV show - Tiswas
                  Fave sweets - Jamboree Bag
                  Fave drink - Alpine Pineapple
                  Fave toy - Barbie
                  Fave film - The Jungle Book
                  Fave gadget - My first record player
                  Fave pastime - Playing street games
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Weekly comic - Between my sister, cousin and me, we shared Misty, Mandy, Bunty, Jinty, Debbie, Tracy and the little monthly specials called 'libraries'.
                    Fave crisps - Tayto c&o or Chipsticks
                    Fave TV show - Hard to decide, Charlies' Angels, The Bionic Woman or Wonder Woman
                    Fave sweets - Cleves Two and Two bars or Creme Eggs
                    Fave drink - Limeade from the mineral man who came around on a Sat (In Ireland fizzy drinks are called minerals)
                    Fave toy - Sindy
                    Fave film - The Wizard of Oz

Fave gadget - My roller skates, the original ones you wore over your shoes that had a screw underneath to adjust the size, remember them? I even remember the rubbery smell of them. I was also very attached to my Rubik cube for a time.
                    Fave pastime - Hide and Seek or Tip the Can (in our street, we called it 123 for some reason)

Comment

Weekly comic - The Beano
                      Fave crisps - Pickled Onion Monster Munch
                      Fave TV show - Too many to choose from
                      Fave sweets - Skittles or Blackcurrent Chewitts
                      Fave drink - Ginger Beer or Ale
                      Fave toy - Scalextric or G-Kart
                      Fave film - ET
                      Fave gadget - Either the family Acorn Electron or my first tape recorder
                      Fave pastime - Using many of the above.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Weekly comic -- Beano, Krazy, Whizzer n Chips n Krazy (WCK as it was known)
                        Fave crisps -- Golden wonder cheese n onion, Ringos
                        Fave TV show -- 6 Million Dollar Man, Sweeney, any Postgate Production, Ivor
                        Fave Sweets -- Opal fruits, American Cream Soda sherbert, midget gems, tooty frooties
                        Fave drink -- Sun Charm's Space Special flavour
                        Fave toy -- Action man, tonka toys,
                        Fave film -- Star Wars
                        Fave Gadget -- TV game console. It only had 4 built in games (hockey, tennis, Squash and target shooting) but i loved it dearly.
                        Fave pastime -- Making dens with my mates in the woods behind my house.
                        Last edited by tonyfinster; 04-05-2010, 10:41. Reason: My godawful spelling.

Comment

Favourite crisps= Cheese XL
                          Favourite TV show= Professionals
                          Fav sweets= Star Bar, Nutty, and most other chocolate bars
                          Fav drink= Keeko (a drink from northern England) it was similar to Vimto, but much, much nicer. It came in a carton and could be drunk or frozen or ate like an ice pop, perfect on a long hot summer (remember them!), Top Deck shandy.
                          Fav toy= Bike, Chinese arrows
                          Fav gadget= Grandstand TV game console thingy, Dragon 32 (computer), tape recorder/player
                          Fav pastime= Making camps with my mates, lighting fires (not malicious fires, just small camp fires), dossing around with my mates and going off exploring. I really think kids now are missing out on so much when it comes to things like this.
                          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Weekly comic -- From '72, any of the UK Marvel titles but the odd UK 'funny' too.
                            Fave crisps -- Ringos
                            Fave TV show -- Marine Boy, Blake's 7,
                            Fave Sweets -- Animal Bars, Spangles
                            Fave drink -- Coke (when it came in a bottle)
                            Fave toys -- Action man, Zeroids, Evel Kinevel, Flight Deck
                            Fave film -- Before Star Wars, probably any Ray Harryhausen stop-motion epic.
                            Fave Gadget -- Loved my first digital watch - Casio F-100
                            Fave pastime -- Just playing out. Didn't matter at what.

Comment

Weekly comic -- Krazy, Cor!! and Whizzer & Chips, Oh and Monster Fun
                              Fave crisps -- Tomato Snaps, Seabrook salt and Vinegar
                              Fave TV show -- Swap Shop, Tizwas, Monthy Python, Rolf Harris show, Goodies
                              Fave Sweets -- Rainbow Drops, Betabar, Black Jacks and Fruit Salad
                              Fave drink -- Dandelion & Burdoch, Snowball
                              Fave toys -- Lego, Arnold Palmer Proshot Golf, Super Striker, Frustration
                              Fave film -- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Summer of 42. Grease
                              Fave Gadget -- Philips Cassette recorder, 1st Calculator and Digital watch
                              Fave pastime -- Drawing, Singing pop songs, Playing out. Football, cricket.

Other things: being a kid and not really wanting, or feeling any great need, to grow up.
                              Last edited by Grosh62; 02-10-2010, 01:58. Reason: Choices choices

Comment

Working...
                              X