Sights, sounds,smells and tastes that take you back to being a kid again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sights, sounds and smells that take you back to being a kid again

My next door neighbours' house also has a weird smell, it still has that smell today.
    Also the doctor's surgery before it moved to another place.

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
      My next door neighbours' house also has a weird smell, it still has that smell today.
      Also the doctor's surgery before it moved to another place.
      My nanna's neighbour's house smelled funny. They had a dog I loved to pet, but when they let the dog out, a whiff of cigars and yorkshire puddings would drift out the door with it.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

the sound of milk bottles makes me think of the milk i got in school.

when i here people saying put the wireless on.
        makes me remember my grandad with his wireless going.
        whenever i hear the ice cream for me as well.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          There was a stationery/book shop that had quite a few branches in my area when I was young. That had a very distinctive smell, no matter which branch you were in. There's only one shop left now. I'd not been in for about 20 years but that wall of smell hit me as soon as I walked in. It still smells exactly the same!
          Which shop is that Tricky?
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

The christmas carol bus that used to pass through our village. It stopped in the late eighties as santa got fed up with the little ******* throwing eggs at him. CHAVS.

Frame.
            "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Re: Sights, sounds, smells and tastes that take you back to being a kid again

That horrible hospital smell, of discinfectant, also in the dentists too.
              Freshly laid tar.
              Freshly cut grass
              Smoke from chimneys.

Comment

Can we include tastes as well?

I had a corn beef sanwich a few weeks ago for the first time in years, & it tasted just like the ones I used to have when I was young.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

T & G Allans. The only branch I know of now is in Morpeth. That's the one I was in.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    Can we include tastes as well?
                    Title now modified to include taste
                    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                      Title now modified to include taste
                      Thanks!

Comment

Re: Sights, sounds,smells and tastes that take you back to being a kid again

The smell of exhaust fumes from cars running on leaded petrol. Usually only smelt at classic car shows, though I've noticed similar smells from scooters. That takes me back to the early '80s.

Whilst watching old TV shows on DVD, such as 'Minder' for instance, the sight of people smoking in workplaces or pubs reminds me of how that smelt when you would go into an office (or pub) somewhere and be confronted by that smoky smell.
                        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Staff Rooms had a reputation for being very smoky, when my Mum was a student teacher she could hardly see from one end of the room to the other!

By the 1980s many schools had stopped teachers from smoking in staff rooms. At my first primary the staff room was also a TV room, & mostly smelt of overipe apples & stale coffee, with possibly a hint of duplicating ink.

Comment

Christmas Pud. The smell of a real Christmas Tree.

Comment

The smell of a christmas tree and also tinsel takes me back to being a kid. Tinsel has a very specific smell thats unmistakeable!
                              Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Manchester Tart

Comment

Working...
                                X