Darth Vader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darth Vader

I met Darth Vader today!! I have to say,it was a most scary experience.As I mentioned here before my mum met Dave Prowse years ago in the Vader outfit and she said he was scary,I didn't realise just how scary.

There is some sort of movie/live orchestra thing going on here at the mo and I think these guys are here for that.Darth and some stormtroopers and the guy in the red(can't remember his name!) were all in Hamley's in Glasgow today,they were in the proper gear and the stormtroopers had the electronic voicebox things.I was so intimidated and scared,more so than the kids around me.These guys were well over 6ft and scary as hell!!!

Admittedly,had they been cybermen,you wouldn't have seen me for dust!!!

Re: Darth Vader

Was it actually Dave Prowse or just someone in a costume? I assume the 'red guy' was an Imperial Guard

Comment

Doh!!!!!! I just deleted Brannys "Delete" as a request!!! penny dropped too late that *delete* is what the Cybermen say. I do apologise Branny
      Heather

Comment

?? I too thought he was asking for the post to be deleted. As I don't watch Dr Who, due to it being puerile nonsense, I have no idea what a Cyberman says.
        Apart from," look, I'm wearing a silver spray painted wetsuit" (early days).
        How that could scare you I do not know

Comment

yep i can remember vader making a visit to a debenhams in our city centre...great day...also David prowse the green man or somthing , was it?? came to our primary school...bloody hell was he tall

to be honest i didnt care for much at the time...i think my teacher give me a row for sighing during the assembly... :-)

Comment

My eldest son is a member of Galactic Knights. They are volunteers who dress in Star Wars costumes and Dr Who costumes for promotions, conventions and charity events. The do it for nothing and provide their own costumes which are very authentic and very expensive. My eldest and youngest son are also members of another local organisation that just does charity events.

My eldest lads favourite costume is Bobba Fett but he also does a Tuscan Warrior and the Scarecrow from Dr Who. My youngest son does, storm troopers and almost anything else including Pudsey Bear!
            Galactic Knights have very high standards in costumes for people wishing to join them and they have realistic voice boxes too and very imposing weaponry.
            All my 3 sons are Star Wars mad and have met several of the original film characters in person. Apparently Bobba Fett is the most popular character worldwide, even more so than Darth Vader! And it is a very complicated costume, backpack and weapon to copy. Darth Vader is a difficult part to imitate as it needs to be a tall person, Chewbacca poses the same problem.
            The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              As I don't watch Dr Who, due to it being puerile nonsense, I have no idea what a Cyberman says.
              Apart from," look, I'm wearing a silver spray painted wetsuit" (early days).
              How that could scare you I do not know
              If you don't watch it, I don't really see how you're in any position to make judgments on it. I wouldn't call much of Doctor Who 'peurile' anything.

Comment

Its for kids
                and I'll make whatever judgement I wish thanks

Comment

I thought he was called 'Dark Vader' for many years but I was too young to know better. Wish I had been a few years older to properly experience the Star Wars phenomenon when it arrived.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                    Its for kids
                    and I'll make whatever judgement I wish thanks
                    Nope, it's for families-it has never been produced by the childrens dept, always by the drama dept or, originally, Series & Serials. But even if it was for kids, that wouldn't make it peurile. I'd sooner watch a well produced kids drama than a lot of the mindless rubbish that passes for family entertainment these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I thought he was called 'Dark Vader' for many years but I was too young to know better. Wish I had been a few years older to properly experience the Star Wars phenomenon when it arrived.
                      Who was it that used to call him 'Daft Ada'?

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        Me too, I thought it was Dark as well. I often used to do that. Eggcorns, as they're now called.

Comment

Working...
                        X